Ch. 10

In the darkness above the slums of Sector 7, a helicopter flies over, heading for the support pillar. Inside the aircraft were two men in black suits. One has a slim physique, turquoise eyes, and unkempt red hair terminating in a long ponytail. He has two symmetrical red scar-shaped marks on his cheekbones. He wears goggles pushed up onto his forehead, having his suit unbutton at the front and his dress shirt untucked. His partner is a tall man with an athletic build. He has tan skin, a shaved head, and sports a black goatee, wearing a black suit paired with a patterned black tie, and studded dress boots. He has multiple piercings on his ears; his left ear has three silver rings, and his right ear has a silver gauge and a blue stud.

Their names are Reno and Rude; both are members of the Turks.

"Understood." Rude spoke in a stoic voice as he hangs up his phone and turns to his trusted partner. "The Avalanche mission's been approved. We are to proceed as planned."

Reno sighed as his brows frown, "This is bullshit. What the hell are they thinking?"

Rude reminded Reno the Turk's motto, " "Threats to public order are to be summarily put down." This is what we've always done."

"Summarily put down," Reno mutters as he looks at the slums of Sector 7.

Both men knew the consequences of what will happen soon. They've done many dirty deeds in the past, from torturing, killing, even kidnapping. Being Turks meant doing the company's dirty work in the shadows.

Reno lets out another sigh and says casually, "Guess it's a little late to grow a conscience...Meh."

They continue heading to the supporting pillar of Sector 7.

Meanwhile, Cloud and the others saw the aircraft that the Turks were on. Tifa had on a look of worried when she saw where the helicopter was heading.

Cloud looks at her and tries to reassure her, "Just on patrol."

Tifa didn't seem all that convinced, and Sara tried to cheer her up, "Don't think much about it. Concentrate on what is important now."

Aerith smiled, "Don't worry. We'll make it in time."

Sara looked around and asked out of curiosity, "Guys, where the heck are we?"

Tifa looked around and was surprised, "We're in the train graveyard."

The Train Graveyard is an abandoned junkyard full of rail tracks with abandoned trains, rubble and barrels, and abandoned storage containers. It lies east of the Sector 7 Slums.

Sara clicked her tongue and commenting on the scene, "Talk about a real treasure trove of scrap. You can easily get lost in this place."

Tifa climbed up on a ladder attached to a broken train and noticed a large building ahead. Everyone also joined with her.

Tifa, "Sector 7 should be just past that large maintenance facility over there. I vote we stay in the light so we can see where we're going."

Aerith looked a bit nervous as she looks at the area, "It's deserted...and kinda creepy."

Tifa nodded, "People don't come around here often. Not just because of the monsters, but...because of the stories."

Aerith asked, "What kind?"

Tifa answered, "Everyone seems to think that the train graveyard...is haunted. As they say, "Those who lose their way out there in the dark of night will never, ever find their way back home again."

Aerith gasped as she looked around, who seemed a bit frightening, including Tifa. At the same time, Cloud and Sara seemed a bit skeptical about the train graveyard being haunted.