Chapter 3// I.E.D

We arrive at the sherrifs station. Scott, stiles, and I went in.

"What is this?" Sheriff stilinski asked

"It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded." Stiles said.

"Who found this list?" Sheriff asked.

"Lydia," Stiles said.

"How?" Sheriff asked

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realizing it." Stiles said.

"Banshee?" Sheriff said.

"Banshee." Stiles said.

"Banshees are strang," I said.

"Beautiful. All right, what are these numbers next to the names?" Sheriff asked.

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." Stiles said.

"Wait. You mean, like a... Like a keyword?" Sheriff asked.

"It's actually a name." Stiles said.

"Allison." Scott said.

"Her name broke a third of the list." Stiles said.

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys." Scott said.

"Which will give us the rest of the names. Okay. So, how do we get the cipher keys?" Sheriff asked.

"Same way we got the code." Stiles said.

"Lydia. She's been out at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two keywords." Scott said.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie. Hmm? And what about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They were wolves, too?" Sheriff asked.

"I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here." Scott said.

"What the hell did you guys do?" i asked.

"I'll tell you later," Stiles said.

I nodded.

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000." Sheriff said.

"And dropping...." Stiles said.

"Stiles, really," i said. Hitting him

"Oww," Stiles said.

"But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to 500,000. Look, how many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes, and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?" Sheriff explained

"We don't think there would be that many. There's a limit." Stiles said.

"Because of the numbers. We think that once we decode the names, the numbers will add up to 135" Scott said.

"135 what?" Sheriff asked.

"Million." I said.

"135 million dollars, Dad." Stiles said

"Stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders." I said.

"We're not sure yet. We're still waiting on the ME's report. There's one other thing I don't get. How did this new assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house?" Sherrif said.

"Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash." Scott said.

"Ah. So whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco." Sheriff said.