CHAPTER 3: ENLISTING THE ARMY

NADIA'S POV

The year was 843 and I'm turning 15. 3 years after the Wall Maria tragedy.

Time flies so fast. Life in Wall Rose seems quite normal as usual, unlike what happened to Wall Maria.

At this young teenage age, I had to work part time in a bakery, at least to help to increase some savings. At least continue Mama's legacy to help in the bakery.

In the meantime, I think at this age, it is my perfect time to I led myself in the military, just like Papa actually in right now.

At night, I had to prepare dinner for us family and in the meantime waiting for Papa came home as being home late for this time.

On that time, Audie turned 13 and Petra turned 11. They're too young for this and maybe I have led myself into military first before them.

And, Papa returned home and I welcomed him and ask him to have a dinner. We enjoyed it together.

"Kids, I have a good news for you. I know I came home quite late and something great has gives us a great luck," said Papa.

"What is it, Papa? Tell us." I can't wait the surprise of what he has.

"The good news is...I got promoted the new rank from Section Commander to Commander!" hearing the news from him makes three of us cheering excitedly. I hugged Papa as I approved his great news.

"Oh, Papa. I actually wanted to tell you something. I actually been waiting this for too long and I hope that you accepted my request," I also asked him as that time was about my time to shine.

"What is it, my dear? I'm ready to hear," said Papa.

"Papa, as today I have turned 15. I think it's the right time for me to enlist the military. Since I was so young, I have been dreaming to follow your footsteps to join the army. I know I sound like too young to enlist the army but I hope you agree with my wish." I explained to him and convinced him to not worry about me.

My thought and expectation is that I know Papa wouldn't accept me to join at my age like this, maybe older than my age. He knew that the risks I might faced if I joined at this teenage age. Because I'm the daddy's girl, I'd rather risk myself to protect my family and country by enlist the army.

"Are you sure that you want to enlist the army? Sometimes I'm really worried about you but unlike other girls, you're my daughter who had to sacrifice yourself for us," Papa really concerned about me and he sometimes being protective of us.

"Papa, you don't have to worry about me. I promise. I kept my promise to train so hard and fight fiercely like you. I have been waiting for this for years and now... It is time for me to do this risky duty," I tried to convince him and promised to him to not let him down.

Hearing my explanation about the reasons I want to enlist myself in the military, he praises my confidence and he nodded as he agreed. I was excited about that and hugged him inve again.

This time, Petra knew that I had to enlist the army and this time also she's not being rebellious to me like what happened 3 years ago. She had to understand how risky that duty is. Audie as usual supports my request.

Months laters passed, the time I arrived at the military base camp was really crowded. Mostly I've seen the new cadets were registered into this regiment due to their same visions. I only treated as a normal cadets although they didn't know I'm the Commander's daughter.

I still remember the moment I saw Papa's colleague, Uncle Keith when I was 7 and this time had to face him face-to-face. He had to check his new cadets very strictly. I gulped as I was being nervous to him.