"Are you okay, Star?"

He looked up, and hissed. His descend had been cut short by the very shuttle he wanted to avoid talking to. He scrambled out of the other's hold and crossed his arms.

"Just–fine!" He insisted, wings twitching with his own nervousness. "I could have been fine without your assistance, thank you very much." He said, "Now–leave me be."

He heard the shuttle sigh as he set the items Starscream had down on a lab table. The seeker tried not to care as he went to open the door and leave.

He tried to turn the knob just for it to cut short.

Oh no.

"Skyfire? What did I trip on?"

Skyfire looked over and gasped lightly, "o-oh...uhm. It seems, you tripped over the door stopper, which means...we're locked in until Percy comes back with the keys."

Starscream blinked, embarrassment, anger, recurring sadness, plenty of emotion, all at once, running through his frame. "You're...You're kidding?"

"No. Not really." Skyfire shrugged.

Starscream's wings slowly fell as he turned away from the door and leaned against it. Skyfire must have noticed his expression, because the shuttle panicked to comfort him, and it made him hurt so much more.

"Oh–Starscream, it's gonna be okay, we aren't going to be here long. Hey– maybe Wheeljack will notice you're gone and get Perceptor back here sooner. He seems to care a lot about you, and– he was telling me how you seemed to like being around him. It'll all be okay–"

"Shut up." Starscream hissed, frame feeling warm with anger and the threat of tears falling from his optics. Skyfire was quiet a moment.

"My apologies." The shuttle whispered, glancing away a moment after.

Starscream huffed, "I'm not worried about– being stuck in here. I can tolerate that. It's you I cannot." Skyfire's face shifted to one of hurt, and Starscream couldn't fathom why. "Do you know, have any slight idea, how you've made me feel?"

Skyfire's gorgeous blue optics searched for an answer, "I–Star, I don't understand."

Starscream blinked.

Then he exploded.

"You don't? After every day we spent in the Iacon academy, after all those years I grieved over your loss, after everything we had, you don't understand why in the world, I would be hurt?!"

"Star, what are you–"

Starscream cut him right back off. "Don't play oblivious, you are smarter than that, Skyfire!" The shuttle's huge wings gently lowered. "I thought that if I just ignored you, just pretended you didn't exist, then I'd be able to reapproach you without guilt! But– but you and Perceptor just...have to rub your new little relationship in my face, have to show off to me and my peers how over me you are!"

"Star–"

Starscream's optics started to leak. "When I look at you Skyfire, I still look as if you are the one who put the stars in the sky, as if you did it just to stargaze with me. It is hard to lose what I love the most. But you, just– being fine with me being there, and not interacting with me–"

"Starscream!"

He looked up, having to reach up to wipe his optics, only now realizing he was ugly crying, and Skyfire seemed confused as a seekerling seeing fireflies for the first time. He sniffled and Skyfire said his name much softer.

"Starscream, me and Perceptor are not dating."

The seeker paused, his spark fluttering a bit.

"But...but Perceptor told me–"

Skyfire cut him off with a sigh before he crouched down and held his arms out for the other. "Come here, Starshine. What did he say to you?"

Starscream sniffled again before practically running into the other's hold, hugging him tightly. "He– back on the nemesis...he told me you two were dating...which meant you were over me and...and it hurt..." He cried softly, pressing his helm closely to the other before feeling the shuttle stand up, easily carrying him.

"Primus...that explains a lot of his and your actions lately." He softly placed a kiss on the seeker's helm, which he did not protest. "Starscream, I still love you with everything I can give. My spark is so full of you, I can hardly call it my own." He paused, "I don't...understand why Percy would do this..."

Starscream pulled him out of his pondering, lifting his helm to kiss the other's cheek, receiving a soft purr from the shuttle. "It doesn't matter, at this moment."