Ajax would have swooned.

"Right so, where was I?"

"Uh... Pomegranate seeds?" Ajax provided.

"Yeah- I still have no idea how you survived for four days in the jar"

Four days? There's no way it had been that long. Leo didn't dwell on it for long. He simply launched into the story again. It was unreal, what this group of teenagers had been through. Everyone added points here and there when Leo forgot, and Frank and Percy described their quest.

Ajax was still not processing everything. He was absolutely drained, and while it had felt good laughing with Leo, everyone being there suffocated him a little. He also had a lot on his mind. But he tried to be polite and listen to everyone.

"There's two prophecies" Percy held up two fingers. Ajax could tell Percy was beloved by everyone. He was just that sort of a person. Charming and good looking with a good heart. He had put Ajax to ease with his jokes every now and then and funny anecdotes. "The great prophecy was made right after the Titan war. The one with Luke- you said you remembered Luke right?"

Ajax nodded, still unsure of what to think about the maddened boy from his dreams or memories.

"It was like the gods were playing a cruel joke on us" Ajax had heard the tone of malice in reference to the gods before, he hoped history wouldn't repeat itself. "We had just fought a fucking war. They didn't even give us enough time to honor the fallen. Not even a thank you, just a prophecy about another world ending event."

Percy trailed off, like he had realized what he had just said. His expression grew alarmed, like he was scared of the person he was turning into. He composed himself.

"The spirit of the oracle now lives inside my friend- Rachel Elizabeth Dare and it was the first prophecy she told."

He took a deep breath. Ajax was captivated by Percy. He could only nod his head to make him continue. Oh gods. Curse his bisexuality.

"Seven halfbloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with final breath,
and foes bear arms to the doors of death"

Ajax let the words repeat in his mind. None of it made any sense to him, "Leo said I was mentioned in a prophecy. But seven half bloods? That's you guys-"

He let his eyes gloss over the seven in question. Percy. Piper. Jason. Hazel. Frank Leo. And Annabeth- the missing one. 

In the back of his mind, Ajax thought about Nico di Angelo. Where did he fit into all this?

All of them nodded.

Ajax leaned back in his chair. They had summoned another pizza because fighting drains everyone and pizza had never tasted so good. Ajax was on his third slice by now. He knew it probably wasn't very healthy eating pizza to energize himself, but he couldn't help but go for more.

The thought of him being involved in something like this was ridiculous. He had nothing to offer to the quest. He had no talents, no skills, no powers. Surely this was a joke?

He smiled a little uncomfortably, as if to say okay we'll roll with it.

"You're in the second prophecy" Said Jason.

This time Frank spoke up. Unlike Percy, he didn't bother with any backstory, jumping directly into recounting the prophecy.

"Wisdom's daughter walks alone,
The mark of Athena burns through Rome.
Twins snuff out the angel's breath,
Who holds the key to endless death.

Son of Magic, joining late
Powers of mist, control their fate.
Giants' bane stands gold and pale,
Won through pain from a woven jail"

oh .

"That's.. Really long. Could you like write it down somewhere.. I'll forget it otherwise"

His brain had lagged at the word "Son". He didn't hear anything after that. 

son. son. son. 

Son... him. 

He. 

Oh wow that felt really good. 

Ajax tried to hide his growing smile.

Son of magic... the words after that caught up to him quickly. Son of magic.. control their fates? Ajax didn't know shit about himself and now he was supposed to control the fates of these people? Were they sure the prophecy was about him?

They didn't have time for any more discussion after that though. The ship jerked violently. Ajax's stomach dropped, as if he was on a rollercoaster.

Ajax's brain seemed to rattle inside his skull because of the explosions. There were multiple consecutive explosions, and after the insane day Ajax had just had, this was the last thing he needed.

Like everyone else, he covered his ears,. 

Finally when the loud booms stopped, the rest of the crew looked at one another. Without another word, Percy bolted out of the mess hall and up the stairs. This Annabeth person they had talked about- his girlfriend, he must be really in love with her.

The others followed him up. Leo, the last to go lay a hand on Ajax's shoulder before he left.

"Eat as much as you want and then rest. The spare room's in the corner-" he pointed to a closed door at the end of the hall. Ajax nodded and smiled at him in gratitude.