Ajax chuckled at how Leo was talking so animatedly. He didn't even notice sitting down at the table at the mess hall. There were ten places on it, and empty white plates at every place along with necessary cutlery.

"Oh right, you must be starving. Damn it, I should've called Nico down too. You guys deserve a proper meal. Hazel told us Nico slipped into some death trance? And he was surviving on pomegranate seeds from the underworld. What about you? How are you still alive and better looking than Nico?"

"Oh thank you" Ajax smiled slightly in a joking manner, "I know he isn't that good looking, but you can't just call people ugly"

Leo, who had been reaching for a glass, stopped midway and just sputtered for ten whole seconds before bursting out laughing.

The sound was warm and welcoming. Ajax decided he liked making people laugh. Or maybe he just liked making Leo laugh.

"Oh man, you're officially my favorite person on board" He finally said when he stopped laughing, "Don't tell coach" He added as an after thought.

"Coach is the.. Uh satyr?"

"Yep" Leo pointed at the plate in front of him, telling Ajax to observe what he was doing. "Deep dish pizza"

The sickeningly amazing looking dish materialized onto the plate, sending Ajax's eyebrows shooting up. What the fuck?

Forget gods and giants, magic camps and coming back from the dead. This was the shit.

"You really went all out on the ship, huh?"

Leo had mentioned how he and his siblings (Its complicated, he had said) had built the ship, along with help from other demigods.

"Ah, its nothing" Leo hung his head, trying to hide his growing smile. "We all tried our best. And we were on a time crunch, so we didn't get to put in everything we wanted to. I had this genius idea for-"

"Can't trust anyone to do their job right for fucks sake" Ajax hadn't noticed Piper walk in until she had opened her mouth. She moved to the seat opposite to Ajax and Leo, reaching out shamelessly to take a piece of Leo's pizza. "Leo, we all have adhd. Its easy to get distracted but the poor guy's so lost. Tell him about the quests"

"Right, yes. I was getting to that" Leo offered the pizza to Ajax as well, who took the biggest slice, barely paying attention to what Leo was saying, instead focusing on how good eating felt.

Ajax was pretty sure he actually moaned.

No, scratch that. He definitely moaned. Piper and Leo were shaking in their seats, laughing until three more people joined them in the mess hall, probably coming to see what all the commotion was.

"Oh man, you don't wanna know" Leo wheezed when the tall chinese dude from earlier stood in the doorway with crossed arms, looking at them like they had lost their minds.

"Finger lickin' good, am I right?" Ajax wiggled his eyebrows at Piper, making the two of them throw back their heads again.

The two other people that had just joined them were Percy and the Luke look-a-like who Leo had referred to as Jason.

In any case, Jason did not look pleased. Percy on the other hand, grinned back at Leo. 

"You're gonna love this guy" Leo told him.

"I thought you guys were filling him in" Frank spoke up, also going for a piece of the pizza. Percy and Jason followed suit.

Now that Percy was out of the serious mood, he looked much better. Like a load had been lifted off his back. He still had dark circles under his eyes and looked dead on his feet. But he managed to shoot Ajax a grin.