This Must Be Fate (Midorima x Reader)

Dedicated to @AngieStories

Part 2.

Upon a voice calling his name, Midorima turned his back to find a girl sprinting towards him.

His mind went blank all of the sudden. He couldn't quite recall his childhood memories. If she knows his first name, surely she's a part from his childhood memories.

But a girl?

He didn't recalled sharing any childhood memories with a girl.
Sure, his parents introduced him to a lot of girls back when he was younger, but none of them matters to him, because most of the introduction would only end to a mere formal meeting between families.

The only girl that he could remember from his childhood is his neighbour, back to when he was around 9 years old.

Though he wouldn't admit it, he was attracted to her when he first laid eyes on her.

He loved how her hair sways by the breeze.

He loved the sparks in her eyes.

He loves her smile, and her laugh at most.

Quite a silly sentiment for him, he was just a nine years old. He shouldn't have been thinking about a girl.

But shit does happened.

And, Midorima Shintarou, you may need to snap back to reality because you're lost in your thoughts.

He didn't realized that the female is closing the distance between them.

And somehow, their bodies collided.

He fell on his butt, and so does the female.

He was about to say something when he noticed the handkerchief he gave to his neighbor about 8 years ago, laying on the floor, still in it's prime condition. Had the owner kept it well since that day?

He stared at the female for a moment.

Similiar (Hair Color), only slightly longer.

Sparkling (Eye Color) orbs, that seems so familiar to him.

Wait,

What's her name again?

He glanced at her name tag.

(Last Name) (First Name)

Ah, it's her.

Both of them stood up and brushed off their clothes.

Midorima approached her, "I-it seems that you've kept my gift well, n-not that I care about it."

The female flashed a bright smile, "Of course! I really appreciated your gift."

That smile brings some sense of nostalgia to him, somehow.

Back to when he has sentiment towards her.

And what's with his heart? It's beating even faster.

"U-uh, I should go now. S-see you soon."

"Yeah, see you, Shintarou-kun!" She waved her hand.

Takao approached him and walked beside him, "Hee, I never knew that Midorima Shintarou has a girlfriend~"

"Shut up, Takao. She's not my girlfriend."

"Then tell me what's with that blush?"

"N-nothing, nanodayo!"

"Or perhaps she's your crush...?"

"Go die!"