Lantern (Akashi X Reader)

Dedicated to @VestigialMaiden
May contain some angst content.

Based on the song of The Script - Six Degrees of Separation.

Hope you enjoy it.

»»»»
You've read the books,
You've watched the shows,
What's the best way no one knows,

You hugged your knees and brought them to your face. You've been crying for a while, yet those tears that you've spilled seems to mean nothing for you. It can't lessen your aching heart. Not even a bit.

You've been locking up yourself in your room for two days. Even though you've endured bitter things for many times, nothing breaks you more than him.

You remember those last words he has said, "I only accepted you because I pity you, and nothing more."

You gritted your teeth as you muffled your cries in your pillow.

»»»

Akashi heard about it all.

Though he won't show it, deep inside, he was worried about (Your Name).

The news has been heard throughout the school. He wondered how can she stood against them.

He'll surely find a way to help her.

Meditate, get hypnotized.
Anything to take from your mind.
But it won't go,
You're doing all these things out of desperation,
You're going through six degrees of separation

You've been trying to keep yourself busy all the time, just to try to keep him off your mind.

Even your hobby couldn't seem to keep your mind occupied from him.

You were desperate, so desperate to keep him out of your mind. But you can't.

You hit the drink, you take a toke
Watch the past go up in smoke, yeah
Fake a smile, yeah, lie and say that,
You're better now than ever, and your life's okay
When it's not. No.
You're doing all these things out of desperation,
Ohhh ohhh,
You're going through six degrees of separation.

You began to starve yourself, you started to stay up all night long. You won't get out of your room. Your parents were worried about you, but you don't care.

When you finally go out of your room and came back to school, your friends bombarded you with questions. They've been trying to contact you, yet none of them got a response. They already know about the break up, so you won't have to tell them about what's going on.

One of your friends, (Your Friend's Name), examined your features. With a worried face, she asked you, "Are you alright?"

You smiled lightly at her, "I'm fine."

»»»

Akashi watched as she smiled at her friend, saying that she's okay. He hated it, that fake smile, full of lies.

Liar.

If you can't shoulder your burden, just say so, how long are you gonna fake your feelings?
You're just hurting yourself.

First, you think the worst is a broken heart
What's gonna kill you is the second part
And the third, Is when your world splits down the middle

You can't heal your broken heart yourself. You really need someone to mend your heart back, yet your heart is still on it's fragile state. You're not ready to love someone again, you're too afraid if you'll get a heart break again.

You felt like there's nothing than can heal your wounds on your heart.

»»»

Akashi hate it. He despised it, the moment when she's in a fragile state.

He knows that she won't be able to accept his feelings anytime soon, as long as she kept drowning herself in her past.

He'll just have to wait.

And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself
Fifth, you see them out with someone else
And the sixth, is when you admit you may have fucked up a little

You felt a lot better after few days. However, when you saw him, (Name A Boy / Your Ex), walking down the hallways with another girls in his hand, all that happy fantasies seems to break.

You rushed to the empty class room, and took a seat. You tried your best to hold your tears, but you're not strong enough.

"I guess, I'm not worth of anything..." you smiled, with tears trickling down from your eyes.

»»»

Akashi saw you ran down the hallways, and decided to follow you up. He found you sitting alone in the classroom, muttering some inaudible words, while tears were trailing down your cheek.

He clenched his fist as he burst the door open.

»»»

You were taken a back by the sound of a door being forcibly opened, you looked at the doorway, only to find Akashi staring at you. You quickly wiped your tears away, but his hand stopped you.

"Don't."

"Huh?"

"Stop it."

"I don't know what are you talking about, Akashi-kun--"

"Don't play dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about." He wiped your remained tears as he held your hand tightly in his, "Stop faking your own feelings. If you're hurt, just say so. You're just bottling up your scars until it breaks down. I don't wanna see you breaking down."

Akashi looked up at you, "So please, stop it. I'll always be here for you if you need me."

You felt more tears forming in the corner of your eyes. You clung onto his shoulder as you cried out all your sadness in an agonizing sound, while he caressed your back, whispering, "It's okay."

You've found someone that could understand your heart. Maybe, he could be the one who could mend your heart someday.

If you ever been in the darkness, I'll be your light. I'll lead you out of there.

Sorry if Akashi seems to be OOC. I need him to be that way ;-;