chapter four

ONCE INTRODUCTIONS ARE MADE, James leads the Sullivan family on a tour of the Rothschild museum style villa, sans Justin who's outside by the koi pond with Leighton. Said heiress wanted to engage in a bit of alone time with him before the dinner festivities begin. He cannot get over how exquisite she looks tonight. No one can hold a candle to her in the style department, not even her mother.

"Leighton, I'm coming to the realization that the more I stare at you, the deeper I fall for you. Your eyes shine like a diamond in the sky with a billion stars. I am stuck on you." He's saying this in a way that makes her want to melt into a pile of mush. "I can see my words are affecting you deeply."

Before he can even continue speaking, she pulls him down into a soft kiss, putting all of the emotion she can muster up into it. Pulling away, "Your words affect me in the best way possible. Imma need to keep you safe from my sisters. They can't have you."

"Territorial, aren't we beautiful?"

"Yes sir, we absolutely are. I refuse to share you."

He pulls her into the most warmest hug possible. "No worries. I am all yours for the rest of our lives. Not going anywhere."

She preens and lays her head on his chest, being very careful not to ruin her perfectly straight sleek hair. The two of them stand in silence for the moment, basking in their warmth.

"I'll give you your own personal tour of my bedroom after dinner. Anyway, let us go before my mother comes out here questioning us on what we're doing. You don't want to hear any of that. Trust me."

They walk back into the house, meeting up with everyone else. Evelyn is giving the young couple the side eye, but neither one of them is paying her any attention. The chef announces that dinner is ready so they all take a seat at the table. Justin pulls Leighton's chair out for her. She softly thanks him and sits down.

"So James, how are the business plans going?" Kendra asks, making conversation.

James takes a sip of wine before answering. "Everything is going well. We are getting ready for the launch of the new hotel." He continues his little rant. Evelyn rolls her eyes. Don't know what for because she does the same shit. James has to refrain from calling her out.

"That's great. Looking forward to the opening. Onto something other than business, the two of you have a wonderful family. Your daughters are beautiful."

Leighton smiles softly. Justin eyes her with soft adoration and love. She goes to speak but doesn't because Athena opens her mouth instead.

"Thank you, Mrs. Sullivan. Your son is so handsome. Justin, is it?" Athena hurls a million damn questions his way.

Leighton and Madison roll their eyes. Could their sister be more of an attention seeking rat? Justin looks uncomfortable anyway. "Athena, you're making him uncomfortable with all the unnecessary questions you're asking him."

"I am just trying to get to know him."

"Not by getting all in his personal business." Leighton feels the need to save Justin's peace of mind. "Leave him alone." She turns her attention to her father. "Daddy, I need to ask you something."

"What is it, Leigh?" He takes a deep sip from his wine glass.

"When were you going to tell me that I am betrothed to Justin?"

Morgan's eyes widen. James stutters, shocked.

"How'd you know? Did you hear anything about it?"

"We both heard. I came home from school to shower and change clothes. On my way out, I heard voices coming from mom's parlor." Leighton continues to go into detail about everything that was discussed this afternoon.

Justin adjusts the collar on his blazer. "When dad called me down to his office, a plethora of questions ran through my head. Upon my arrival, I heard my mom's voice, saying that Leighton and I are promised to each other and that they need to let me know."

"We discussed it. We're going to pursue a relationship with each other, but it'll be on our terms. We don't want anyone getting involved in what we choose to do. Let us develop naturally."

James and Morgan both nod their heads. "We can agree with that."

"So can I." Kendra chimes in.

Which leaves Evelyn. All eyes are on her. "Just don't embarrass yourself or any of us."

Leighton nods and smiles at Justin, who's grinning. These two make my heart skip a beat. After dinner, she gives Justin her own personal tour of the estate. "You'll be over here a lot I presume, so behind these double doors is a room you'll need to get very familiar with."

"Ooh. Can't wait to see it. But first, come here for a second." He pulls her closer to him. "Youʼre so stunning. I can't take my eyes off of you, Leighton."

She pulls him down for a soft kiss. "I'm falling hard for you, Justin."

"Me too, my love."

They kiss yet again and sparks fly. Leighton gently pulls him along so they can continue the tour of the house.

"Behind those doors is my mother's parlor. No one is allowed in there except for her. Then we have my other favorite room in the house. The theater. Then we have my bedroom."