See You Tomorrow

You both get up and start making your way to your house.
When you get there he sighs.
"What?" You turn to look at him.
"Y/n..." He turns around and takes a deep breath before he talks again. "When can i ride a skim-wing?" He smirks
"I dont know, ask my- the chief"
You walk into the house humming.
"Wait what. Is he your dad?" He looks confused and surprised.
You take a sharp breath. "Yeah, i know i dont look like him but he is." You go walk around the house looking for spare clothes.
"Thats cool i guess." He follows you.
"Found them! Sorry we dont have any forest people clothes, its hard to dry that stuff." You look him up and down, sizing him up.
"This should fit you." You pass him a set of matching clothing.
He takes them. "Thanks Y/n, i appreciate it."
"No problem, it is kind of my job anyway." You giggle.
"What do you mean by that? What is your job?" He smirks.
"Oh you know, taking care of newcomer and all" you turn away then quickly turn back
"Oh yeah, which reminds me, I have to show you how to swim properly tomorrow, in the morning, got it?"
"Yeah ok, i think i swim perfectly fine though" He moves his tail around. "I have a great tail." He roles his eyes
You laugh. "It is so thin and weak though, look at mine." You grab your pale blue tail.
"Look how thick this is, its all muscle"
He roles his eyes again.
"Ill see you tomorrow then y/n, it's getting late. Good night." He smiles
"Good night Jake, see you tomorrow." You were about to walk away.
"Wait." He grabs your wrist.
You turn to face him. "What?"
"Umm, never mind." He lets go. "Good night y/n, see you tomorrow"
You giggle. "Okay. Good night" you turn away, this time being able to walk away.
Once he was gone you go get ready for bed. "That was weird" you think out-loud.
You sigh. "I dont understand men sometimes".