II ; Everything Has Changed

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞
All I know is we said, "Hello"
So dust off your highest hopes
All I know is pouring rain
And everything has changed
All I know is a new found grace
All my days, I'll know your face
All I know since yesterday
Is everything has changed
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Sylwana felt numb. Watching her father, Toruk Makto, stripped of his title of Olo'eyktan. The man he had chosen as his predecessor, Tarsem, was an accomplished and highly respected warrior of the clan. He would make a great Olo'eyktan, there was no doubt in her mind about that.
Neteyam's face was stoic, but she knew as she glanced at him that he was upset. There was the tiniest hint of anger in his eyes.

They winced when Tarsem sliced at their fathers chest. For a new leader to be born, the leader must die. Toruk Makto would disappear, and the Omatikaya would move on. Sylwana didn't bother to hide her tears as they walked through the clan, away from the new Olo'eyktan, their grandmother, and their people. Neteyam interlaced their fingers, squeezing her hand. She squeezed back, before letting go and mounting Na'ru.

Sylwana's eyes lit up when she caught sight of the Metkayina atolls

Sylwana's eyes lit up when she caught sight of the Metkayina atolls. Several Metkayina looked up at them and dived into the water as they flew overhead.
She felt suddenly nervous as the village became visible in the distance. She heard a horn sound, announcing their arrival.

Neteyam looked over at her like he felt her sudden change in mood. She didn't bother trying to hide it, simply looking back at him and then looking away.

"Be cool, okay?" Jake looked back at his children sharply. Lo'ak rolled his eyes when Jake turned back around.

Metkayina dived into the water and moved out of the way as the family circled the beach, looking for somewhere to land. Jake signaled to go down and they followed.

The Metkayina gathered around as they organised themselves.
"Put it back," said Jake, and Sylwana turned to see her mother huffing and placing her bow back on her ikran. Jake held up his hands in a sign of peace and Neteyam copied him. Sylwana gently placed her hand on Lo'ak's shoulder. She knew he was nervous, no matter how hard he tried to cover it up. He didn't look back at her but she felt him relax under her touch.

"Just be cool," Jake repeated. Sylwana felt the nerves picking at her, the Metkayina clan staring at them with looks ranging from confused to judging. Two boys broke through the crowd, walking with a smug and haughty air. Sylwana could tell immediately their parents were highly respected in the clan as the people moved out of their way without hesitation. The taller boy had a piercing glare; he looked from each member of her family until his eyes landed on her. Sylwana wanted to look away but his eyes were as deep as the ocean and she felt herself tense up as he walked closer.

She and her brothers greeted them, something they did not return. Neteyam forced himself to not look angered.
The boy's friend nudged him and pointed to Sylwana's tail, laughing.