Her eyes were boring into his and Kaz fought his tremors, he reached, his gloved hand landing on hers and tugging her a little closer.

Zaria's breath hitched and her fury faded immediately, she could feel his thumb running over her palm to ease her temper down, and tears blurred her vision.

For the first time ever she let tears take over, she blinked them away, shaking her head and looking down to not meet his eyes.

She hated looking so miserable in that appearance, especially in front of the one and only man she wanted to look beautiful to, always and forever.

"Let it out," he whispered loud enough for her to hear, she froze at his words, he didn't seem mad at all. In fact, his eyes were soft, too soft, that she almost collapsed and thought this was just a dream.

She hated that tears immediately covered her eyes as soon as she met the softness in his eyes, she had never seen his eyes like that, never.

And she couldn't look into his eyes, knowing that she would not stop staring at them, melting and swimming in them.

His eyes reminded her of the bitter coffee her father used to take every morning, and she can still remember the way she stole a few sips, not caring about the taste.

"Look at me." She didn't, she couldn't. "Zaria, look at me." He ordered quite more harshly than he meant to, and she did this time, her eyes meeting his and the weight on her shoulder leaving.

They were so close, too close, his eyes held something she wanted to decipher, saints he made her both frustrated and mad, he made everything so hard, the heist, and now the thought about kissing him.
The air grew heavy and it suddenly felt so hot, so fucking hot, in Fjerda? It was impossible to feel hot, but they really were, sweat ran down the back of Kaz's neck, his demons were eating him alive but he couldn't move.

The tingling feeling was back, erupting in her stomach and swelling up her throat, "I.." he started snapping her out of her thoughts, and she took a step back.

Zaria gulped and did everything she can not to let the warmth rush to her cheeks, Kaz sighed, "I didn't mean to cause you any more stress, the heist is getting on my nerves and I got mad, I didn't mean to hurt you." 

he wanted to take the worst back, it was very difficult for him to even utter these words, Zaria noticing his adam's apple bobbing up and down, tore her hand away as gently as possible and took a step back.

I'm sorry. he wanted to say but the words were stuck and didn't dare leave his lips. for everything.

Tears brimming in the corners of her eyes as she watched him carefully, "oh Kaz.." she sighed wanting to just reach and cup his cheek or jaw, "..It's fine. you didn't cause me any stress, I was just..." she trailed, trying to find the right words.

"I was just worried," she repeated the last sentence, his muscles were tense, his leg throbbing in pain but at her words, he immediately relaxed.

"and mad, but mostly worried." she resumed her words with a painful chuckle, "you have all the right to be mad." Zaria nodded and ruffled her hair with a smirk.

"I know, I tend to be the one who gets yelled at for breaking the rules, not the one to yell, so yeah, I needed that." with that she started making her way towards the crows who stood from far.

"you? breaking the rules?" Kaz teased following her, "please, 12 professors left because of the pranks I used to pull, I was homeschooled." she replied while rolling her eyes.

"What kind of pranks?"

Zaria laughed, "well, I was 7 years old, Jes and I decided to prank the new teacher because he was incredibly annoying he insulted my father, he ordered me to make him coffee, and I bought dirt from our garden full of insects and salt and put it in his coffee."