Chapter Five

The sound of someone knocking on my door woke me up from a deep sleep. I had a late night at the club and didn't plan to do much today but sleep. I should've known the universe was going to be against me. I felt my head to make sure my bonnet was still on my head and my pins were still holding my wrapped hair in place. I could feel the crust on the corner of my mouth and I knew my breath was on a thousand. Whoever this was waking me out of my sleep better have a good explanation. I specifically let people know that I'm a nightwalker and need to sleep during the day on the weekends to recover from working the poles. Even the Amazon delivery drivers knew to drop my packages off to the man at the security desk on the first floor and I'd get them whenever it was I opened my eyes. 

I opened the door only wearing some lace-cut underwear and a tank top. I rubbed my eye and let out an impatient sigh. 

"Can I help you?" I said and then my eyes focused. 

I was shocked to see the older guy from the club the other night that couldn't keep his eyes off of me. He looked a little different but I guess that doesn't hold much weight since the first time I had seen him it was dark as hell. Hell, I wasn't complaining about the piece of man in front of me though. His low cut as well as his beard was nicely trimmed and there were traces of grey hairs in both. Last I saw him I was sure he was wearing a suit. He stood in front of me now wearing a crisp white t-shirt with some khaki shorts that complimented his muscular calves. My eyes trailed to his feet and I noticed he had on some slides with no socks. Usually, that would be weird to me but this nigga toes looked better than mine. I focused back on his face and licked my lips. Whoever this man was, he kept himself up really well. And that meant dollar signs for me. I quickly was reminded that I looked ridiculous and decided not to try and add him to my roster at that moment. A bitch can't sell herself smelling like stale pussy and hot breath. I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he knew I was sizing him up. Not that I gave a fuck. He smiled at me and my pussy jumped. Oh, this was one dangerous brown-skinned man. 

"I just moved in across the hall and was wondering if you could tell me how they deliver packages here," he said to me. "I must've missed that bit of information when I signed my lease."

I cleared my throat and tried to hide behind my door a little. He chuckled and pushed the door all the way open, leaving me no more room to hide. I was baffled by his boldness.

"I think it's a little too late to act shy. I've seen you're entire body."

"Oh yeah? So that was you at the club then."

"Indeed it was."

"Go there often? Can't say I'd ever seen you before."

He shook his head. "I was there on business."

"What business was that?"

"The kind that keeps me paid."

I could hear my phone going off in my bedroom. I knew it was most likely one of my clients. I was already behind schedule due to me sleeping in late. I needed to get rid of this geezer if he wasn't going to benefit me. 

"The mailboxes are on the bottom floor toward the back of the building. If you can't find it, I'm sure the doorman can help you."

I tried closing the door but he stopped me, pushing it back open like he had before. 

"You and this door is going to become a problem," he said with a smile but I could feel the slight venom in his tone. It was sexy.

"I didn't know it was something else you needed help with," I said, becoming more uncomfortable with how I was presenting myself for this long period of time.