e i g h t

Recap: Carl gets heartbroken by Peighton.

<><><><><><><>

'Dear Peighton,

I know I haven't known you for long, but you're now my best friend. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you and I want you to promise that you'll never leave me, and I'll promise to never leave you. There's literally no one in the world who has been more welcoming than you. I honestly don't care if Carl or Keaton ignore me or just simply don't care, but I know that you're always there for me. Thank you.
I love you,
Liam.'

I look at the drawing one more time, and I sigh. "I promise Liam," I close my eyes and then open them, holding the drawing as if I'm hugging it. "I promise." I whisper and set the drawing on the bed side table.

I turn off my flashlight and lay in the darkness. Lost in thought.

Soon enough my eyes close and I fall asleep.

<><><><><><><>

My eyes shoot open and I sit up, than stand up and walk out of my room. I walk past Carl's cell, than Liam's, than Lizzie's. They're all empty, I shrug it off and keep walking.

It's still dark, and I head down to the mess hall. No one.

I find my way over to the courtyard, no one is there either.

I run over to the paved area where we keep all the cars and no one is there. The cars are gone. Tears fall as I race around the compound trying to find anyone.

It comes to realization that I've already checked the entire place. I run to the garden and watch as the walkers knock down the second fence and come for me.

They're walking faster than usual, and when I try to run, I can't.

My feet feel like they're glued to the ground. Literally.

"HELP!!!" I scream, trying to run away. The walkers are about 20 metres away.

I still can't move, "Peighton? Help!" Someone whispers in my ear, I turn around and see my mom, dad and Keaton.

"Help us!" They scream, and their faces start changing. Their eyeballs are now almost popping out of their head.

I'm crying even harder now, "Peighton?" I turn around again, no ones there. "Peighton wake up!!"

My eyes open, Keaton is shaking me. I look out, it's pitch black out.

"What? What's happening?!" I yell and try to get up, Keaton shushes me and holds me down. "Let me go!" I scream and start to cry, Keaton pulls me into a hug, I cry into the crook of his neck.

"Shhh .. P it's okay. I'm here now. Quit crying, you're safe now." He rubs my back, "T-they were coming for me." I cry, "who was?" Keaton whispers.

"T-the walkers, they were everywhere. Everyone was gone, I was the only o-one left!" Keaton shushes me quietly. "Shh .. I'm here now. It was just a nightmare, I got you now. Nothing will happen to you." He continues rubbing my back as I sober up.

I release the hug and lean against the wall, "I'm sorry. I was just scared." Keaton nods, "We all get scared sometime."

I look over to my door and see Lizzie, Carl, Alex, Liam, and Hannah. Standing there watching me.

I get up and run to Liam, hugging him tight and he lifts me off the ground. My legs wrap around his chest and he holds onto my butt so I don't fall.

My arms loop around his neck and we stay like this for a while. He puts me down gently.

Lizzie taps me on the shoulder and I spin around, "Are you okay?" she asks, I nod "Just a nightmare."

The sun is pretty much up by now, and I go and lay down on my bed. Everyone left, and I was left alone again.

I hear three simple knocks on my door and I look up from my book. "Hey." Says Carl coming in and sitting on my chair.

"Hi." I mumble and put my bookmark in and put the book on my table again beside the picture Liam gave me.

"Peighton you're going to have to forgive me sometime." I shrug, "I guess, but it doesn't mean I have to forgive you now."

He nods, "I guess."

Just that moment I hear a loud explosion and people screaming. My eyes shoot to Carl and his head snaps toward me too. People start running past my door. "Stay here and pack up your backpack as quick as you can. I'm gonna go pack mine and we'll leave."

I nod, and throw everything I can into my backpack making sure it's not too heavy to carry.

I run to Carl's cell and almost bump into him. I take his hand and we run out of the prison.

As soon as we're out of the gates all the walkers turn and look toward us, coming for us. I look behind me, still holding onto Carl's hand and see smoke rising from Cell Block D.

Liam comes running out of the building and a walker grabs onto him, "NO!" I scream, "LIAM NO!"

"Peighton!" he screams, and takes the knife in his hand and tries to kill the walker.

I feel like all the oxygen in my lungs is suddenly gone. Liam is unsuccessful and can't kill the walker, instead, the walker kills him.

"NO!!!" I yell, and try to run off the ground towards the walker that killed Liam. Carl puts his arms around my stomach and pulls me back.

I look back at him and his eyes are filled with tears. "We have to go, P." He mumbles, "And if you're not gonna walk I'm gonna have to carry you." I sit down on the ground pulling my knees up to my chest and trying to take in what just happened.

Liam is dead, Peighton.

I think.

Liam is dead, and it's all because of you.

<><><><><><><>

I honestly have tears in my eyes omg. That was depressing to write that chapter. That was sad.

Anyways I'm sorry for the terrible chapter and having to make Liam die. But it seems my story was getting boring so I added a little twist.

Thanks for reading guys. We already have 200 reads and I've been writing this book for 3-4 weeks already.

HOLY!

Thank you my amazing readers! Chapters will upload faster the more you comment, follow and vote! So quit reading this now, and go comment, follow and vote right now!

Thanks! -Kenny. <3

Teaser: Peighton tries to forget about Liam, but can't.

Update: Sunday.