002

Chapter Two - Planning and Passing.

I awoke to the piercing sound of my alarm clock, I hated it with pure passion and was confident I had some form of PTSD from it.

After sitting for five minutes rethinking my life choices, I forced myself out of bed and go to the bathroom so I could take a shower. Usually, I didn't shower in the morning; however, I physically didn't have the energy to do it after the night before.

But first, I had to wake Mike, my little brother.

I knocked on his bedroom door. "Mikey, you awake?" I yawned, no answer; I opened the door and strolled into his race-car-themed bedroom. "Hey, buddy. You gotta wake up soon."

He sat up, confused.

"You get yourself ready and head downstairs, make sure you eat!" I said, walking out of the room and towards the bathroom.

Minutes later, I hopped out of the shower, dried my hair and slipped on my favourite outfit.

I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table and gasped. "Oh, fuck, fuck, fuck-" I ran downstairs and grabbed a breakfast bar from the counter, snatched my bag from the front door and called Mike.

"Mike, you ready?!" I yelled, slipping my shoes on, the boy appeared from around the corner. "Yep." He cleared and walked by me.

I found myself thinking about my friends, how I met them, and how long I've known them.

Robin Arellano was my best friend and the guy I'd liked since the second grade. Fun fact, I used to hate him in kindergarten, but one day Moose was picking on me and Robin decided to step in and beat the shit out of the dude.

We'd been best friends ever since.

"Okay, you stay here and wait for the bus. And make sure you get on the right bus later, yeah? We don't want another situation." I held onto his shoulder. "Yeah, yeah, I know, Y/n/n!"

"Alright, see you later; be careful!" I left my eight-year-old brother behind and ran to where I was supposed to meet my friends.

"Y/n!" Gwen and Trinity. I grinned and jog up to my friends, "hey, Gwenny, Trin. Where's Finney?" I wondered aloud as she and I made our way to the school.

"Oh, he had to go in earlier for some baseball meeting." I nodded, "Alright then, tell us more about James." I nudged.

Gwen groaned while Trinity and I gave her a sinister look.

This is how most walks to school went; though when Finney was there, we'd constantly make fun of his crush on Donna.

"Guys.." I stopped walking, looking at the poster on the fence.

Bruce Yamada was officially a missing person.

"Holy shit.." Trinity interjected, dragging her fingers across the paper. "More kids are going missing by the week, The Grabbers getting worse. He's taking more every few days now. First Billy, then Griffin, now Bruce. Who's next, one of us?" I wondered aloud, feeling an overwhelming sense of dread form in the pit of my stomach.

"You, hopefully," Trinity laughed, trying to raise our moods. I tilted my head with a glare. "Not funny, got it, sorry."

The next ten minutes were the three of us teasing each other, talking about our classes and people we didn't like. Little did we know how much gossip there was until we share each side of what we heard, and then we piece it together.