Chapter Fourteen: Give A Little More

Start from the beginning

"Well played but cruel Hazel, you never use sex as a weapon against a man."

I couldn't help but laugh as I skipped towards the ensuite with a swing in my step. Behind me I heard Adam groaning about me under his breath, he could be a big baby when he wanted to be. I turned on the light and padded barefoot towards the large mirror over the sink. I wrapped the sheet around me like a toga. I reached for my hairbrush and attempted to tame my bed head.

"How did I get so lucky?"

As I continued to brush my hair I watched Adam lean lazily in the door in the mirror, he wore nothing but underwear which showed off a lot of him. How was he so lucky? It was more like how did I get so lucky? He was a ten while I was a six. I sighed and put the hairbrush down.

"Why do you keep staring Adam?"

He chuckled and bowed his head.

"I'm staring at the most beautiful girl in the world."

It was my turn to laugh, he couldn't be serious. It had to be the alpha inside him, I was a luna and he was trying to make me his at whatever cost. I bit my lip as a question formed in my head.

"Adam, you didn't mark me last night did you?"

"I wouldn't without your permission Hazel. I promised I'd never force myself on you and I don't break my promises."

He stalked towards me and snaked his arms around my waist twirling me around in one motion to face him, well his chest because I was smaller than him. He cupped my chin gently and raised it up so our eyes locked together.

"Only when you say yes love. The ball is in your court."

"Thank you Adam. Now get out so I can get ready."

I stood on my tiptoes and pecked him on the lips before pushing him backwards towards the door. My werewolf strength allowed me to move him with ease; these new found abilities would come in useful. He laughed and seemed to take the hint.

"So I'm just a piece of meat? You use me for sex and then ask me to leave. I swear it should be the other way around."

"You're a good looking piece of meat Adam."

With a final push I managed to get him out of the ensuite. He blew me a kiss before leaving the bedroom and left me alone standing clad only in a thin bed sheet.

"Now to get ready for the day."

I dropped the sheet when I was sure Adam wasn't going to sneak back in and threw it onto the bed before trudging over to the dresser. I pulled on a nice red lace matching underwear set before opening the wardrobe. I decided to go simple today. I picked a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans and paired them with a white and navy striped blouse before throwing on a brown leather jacket and slipping into a pair of brown wedge heels which complimented the jacket. I kept my hair loose and straightened it before applying a natural makeup look finishing off my outfit. I looked good if you asked me but the moment was ruined by my stomach rumbling.

I found James in the kitchen making pancakes of all things. I perched myself on one of the bar stools and watched him cook. He placed the final pancake on an already large stack before turning around to face me with a huge smile.

"How are you this morning Hazel?"

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled as he placed three pancakes onto a plate in front of me.

"I'm good."

He nodded and sat down opposite me. We both dug in and I was surprised how heavenly these pancakes tasted. James wanted to ask me something I could tell but he didn't know how to ask, it was pretty adorable. I shovelled the last pancake into my mouth and swallowed before tapping my nails on the counter between us.