Her words made me a bit sad.
I sat down in my chair and started taking out my History book and stationery.
Hyein sat next to me.

"Dani, we should have a sleepover this weekend, it's been a while." she said.
"We should do it at your house, we could have a barbeque near your pool, it would be fun. Minji and Hanni will definitely come." She said again.

I looked back at her with a wide smile,
"You're right, but by the way how did Minji fare after that fight? Hanni hasn't told me anything yet."
"She wasn't dismissed from the student council, but the school withdrew the recommendation letter for Seoul University."

I stared in shock, my mouth wide open.
"That's her dream university." I whispered.
"Maybe she'll go to Hanni's choice of university, she's very devoted to her." Hyein rolled her eyes.

"Dad also went to Minji's parents to apologize personally." Hyein whispered.
I gasped again, "Mr. Kang really loves Haerin." I said.
"You're right, but that jerk is always causing trouble."

LUNCH TIME

Haerin's POV.

I opened my lunch box.
Kimbap, sweet grilled octopus, kimchi.
There is 1 separate small box filled with nuts.
Hyein's mom is the best.

I took my chopsticks and started eating.
There were several other students eating in the school garden as well.
I chose to sit on a long bench under a big tree.
The summer wind blows slowly.

My phone rang, a message from Hyein.
Recently he started looking for me a lot and harassing me.
I miss the days when she was just busy with her friends.

Stupid Sister
12:16pm
Haerin get your ass here, come eat with me and Danielle.
They have bingsu today in the canteen, all the students were fighting over it.
Guess what? Danielle gets the last serving!!
You like bingsu right??

Yes but no, I don't wanna go there.

I went back to eat, my cell phone rang again.
Hyein called me.
I rejected it and turned off my cellphone.

12:32 pm

I closed my lunch box.
Sigh..I actually want that bingsu.
The cafeteria only sells it once a week.
And the portion is limited.

I turned on my phone.
1 missed call and 2 messages from Hyein.

Stupid Sister
12:18 pm
You little midget devil.

12:30pm
Bingsu is on the way to you
Guess who's delivering?
You're a lucky bastard Haerin.

I furrowed my brows, what does that mean?
Someone placed a little bowl filled with bingsu next to my lunch box, I look over.

Danielle smiled and sat next to me.
"Hyein said you really like this, so I thought we should leave some for you."
I glanced at the bingsu and looked at her again.

Danielle's POV.

Haerin didn't say anything, she just looked at me with her cat eyes.
Those eyes, instead of looking empty like before, they were filled with a look that I couldn't read, it felt intense and confusing.

I smiled awkwardly, my heart starting to pound.Why is she looking at me like that? "You should eat it now, it's starting to melt." I said.

Haerin glanced at the bingsu, she pulled it slowly in front of her, she looked at me again.

I started to get nervous, my face felt hot."Is there something wrong?" I asked. She opened her mouth, then closed it again.

Haerin scooped up the mochi on the bingsu and put it in her mouth.
I watched her.
Her face was flat but her eyes sparkled, she gave a small nod while raising her eyebrows.

The pounding in my heart suddenly became fast, she looked adorable, I smiled widely.

Haerin's POV

I turned to Danielle, she was smiling from ear to ear.
That crescent shape again, although not as obvious as if she was laughing.
I like it, and I like her soft hands.

Danielle got up from the chair, "I have to go back to class, Hyein is waiting for me."
She smiled again, aren't her lips aching from smiling so much?
"See you in class Haerin."

I didn't reply and started eating my bingsu again. Some students started walking back to their classes, 5 minutes before the bell.

I finished my bingsu, then threw the bowl into the trash can nearby. I cleaned up my lunchbox and stood up, walking towards the class.

I entered the class at the same time as the bell rang.
I went to my chair, Hyein nudged me with her pencil, I looked at her, she grinned while wiggling her eyebrows.

I glanced at Danielle, she was looking at me, she then tucked her hair behind her ear and looked back at her book with a small smile.

I sat down in my chair, Mr. Hwang entered the classroom, I took out my Biological book and started to open it. My eyes glanced at Danielle's back, I didn't like the weird feeling in my chest.