— Thanks for the help, Addams.

— Did you set this up?— she pulled away from her sister angrily.

— I didn't do any of that! — the boy was taken.

— I endured all, all of your atrocities. But setting something like this up for Xavier?

Mors turned her back and went to the police station, while Wednesday went back to school. The white-haired girl asked the sheriff to let her see Xavier and with hesitation, he allowed it. When he entered the isolated block, a policeman opened the cell, as Xavier had chains around his neck, hands and feet. She remembered the vision she'd had long ago.

— Have you come to see for yourself whether your little sister's plan has worked? You shouldn't come in here. What if I change now?

Mors sighed and approached the boy. — I know you're not the monster. I have nothing to do with Wednesday's crazy things.

— She must have gathered great evidence for the police to believe her.

Addams cupped Xavier's face in both hands. He was taller than her, but on tiptoe she was able to approach.

— I'm sorry about that. I tried to stop her, but she is extremely stubborn. — she ran her hand through the boy's hair, which was loose. — You are not a monster, Xavier. You are one of the most amazing creatures I've ever met.

Thorpe's heart was racing enough as he bent down and pressed his lips to Mors's. The girl smiled between the kiss and joined her hands behind Xavier's neck, while he placed his hands on her waist, with a little difficulty due to the chains.

Addams turned her face away a little, still in the same position with the boy. — I'm going to get you out of here. — she said quietly.

— Maybe this isn't the worst day of my life after all. — he smiled when she pulled away. — I'm so in love with you, Mors. I held on so long not to say anything.

— I'm in love with you too. — she smiled shyly, not used to that kind of attitude. — I promise I'll get you out of here. — Xavier bent down and gave the girl another kiss.

— Miss Addams. — the sheriff spoke from behind her. — Your visit is now over.

Mors smiled at Thorpe and left the cell. When he bumped into Tyler's father, her head snapped and she fell backwards.

Addams saw Kinbott's murder. The woman's startled gaze staring at none other than the sheriff himself. She saw him take the psychologist's necklace to frame Thorpe.

— Mors?! — Xavier called when the girl opened her eyes, receiving help from the policeman to her feet.

— I am fine. — she glared at the older one. — He played well by pretending not to know anything.

— What you mean? — the man arched an eyebrow.

— How convenient for the sheriff himself to be the town's killer.

Xavier widened his eyes.

Donovan chuckled and straightened.

— Tyler said you had visions.

— So it is true? — Xavier asked angrily.

— Easiest thing of all was framing the kid. You don't know what's coming.

— Let Xavier go.

— Go away, Addams.

— Let him go and I won't say anything for now.

The man crouched down to face level with Mors. — You won't say anything now or ever. And do you know why? Because I run this city. Nobody's going to believe a Never More outcast against the sheriff's word.