Chapter 10

When I realized Izuku had escaped, I was so incredibly pissed off, but not surprised. Izuku was smart, others underestimated him, but I didn't. I watched him get excellent grades on every test, but not telling anybody. He knew that we would be distracted, and took that as an opportunity to run.

My anger quickly turned into pride. Any average hero would try and fight their way to the front door or attempt to signal for help. God, even comply with the criminals just so they would be handed some mercy.

But not Izuku, his mind simply would not let him. The urge to fight and claw for what he deemed to be justice and morally correct is far more powerful than the ridiculous ideals of today. I knew, being out on those streets where no one cares and people will walk by instead of even offering to help, he would start to see my point of view.

But now, I'm suffering from a small issue... Dabi.

He had been acting like a little shit recently, because I had been 'ignoring him.' A fun thing about him, he's a little attention whore. And since I had been worrying about Izuku so much, I wasn't truly doing any, as he puts it, 'evil bullshit'. I wouldn't let him just run around and cause trouble, because I have some very important cargo and I'm not about to have that shit taken from him. He wanted to kill, and I wouldn't let him.

And he hated it.

I knew Dabi was Touya Todoroki, that was obvious. By putting in some Dollar Store hair dye and adding some scars didn't do shit to hide his true identity. I knew about the abuse, how Endevor neglected and caused him to develop an ego and daddy issues. The only way he's distracted from that shit is killing, and since I wasn't letting him kill he was getting antsy. Not to mention, I was forcing him to run around and find Izuku, which got him even more pissed.

So that's how we arrived here, Izuku sitting unconscious, Dabi standing over him with some flames barely touching his head. It was safe to stay..

I was pissed.

"Dabi... stop it now." I gritted my teeth, trying not to yell and wake Izuku. The only response I got from the pyromaniac was him inching the flames closer and closer to his face, along with a raspy chuckle. Malicious, but not hateful. He's doing this to piss me off, nothing more. He just wants attention and to get his way... fucking spoiled brat.

"Ya know," Dabi spoke, forcing me out of my thoughts. "We're a well oiled machine of killers, villains, and scum. But this... 'hero' is a threat to that." I scoffed, "Oh please, if anybody is a threat to this organization, it's you. You're a asshole who cares for nobody, you'd willing let us all die if you could even land a punch that fucker Endeav-"

I was promptly cut off by the sound of burning flesh, soon followed by Izuku's scream. I rushed over to Dabi, kicking him right in the chest quickly followed by an uppercut. I heard him fall to the ground, but in this pure moment of adrenaline, I didn't care.  Izuku is my priority, more than anything.

Still battling depression and a bit of writers block, but I'm doing good. Gonna have a new book out that's... interesting. I think y'all will like it. Tootles.