The Roommate* Part Three

Start from the beginning

Kurapika's expression softens. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to threaten you."

You wipe away your tears with a napkin. "I forgive you. You could murder a hundred people and I'd still forgive you."

Kurapika raises his hand for the check. After paying for lunch, the two of you walk outside.

"I'll walk you to your car," says Kurapika.
"Thank you." You look around the parking lot. "Where's your car?"
"I didn't drive here. I don't live far."
"Want a ride? I don't mind driving you back home."
"To be honest, I'd rather you not know where I live."
You pull your keys out of your purse. "Oh, please. I already know you're staying with Leorio."

Kurapika curses under his breath while he opens the car door for you. You smile.

"Oh, c'mon. What harm will it do?" You hop in your car.

Kurapika sighs. "Ugh, what the hell? After all, I did pay for this car." He slams the door.

You bite your lip as you watch Kurapika walk to the passenger side. He opens the door and slides in.

You pull out of the parking lot and head in the direction of Leorio's apartment building.

"I must admit...it feels strange having you drive me," Kurapika says, clicking the seat belt.
"Why? Is it because I'm a woman? Ugh...get over yourself." You glance his way. "I can also drive a stick."
"Huh?" Kurapika gives you a puzzled look.

You pull into an empty parking lot.

Kurapika takes in his surroundings. "(Y/N), what are we doing here?"

You put the car in park. "I just want to chat a little."

"We already did. You still won't sign the papers."

"I just want to make sure you really want a divorce."

"I don't know how to make it any clearer!" Kurapika unlocks the car door. "I'll just walk from here. Thank you for the ride."

You reach out and grab his arm. "No, don't go! Not yet. I'm sorry."

Kurapika massages his temples as he settles back into his seat. You tilt your head to the side, studying his expression. It's obvious he's frustrated. He stares at nothing as you take in how handsome he is. You can tell he hasn't slept much by the dark circles under his eyes. He could also use a haircut. You love how he always has a few strands that like to fall to the left.

"Are you just going to stare at me?" he finally asks. "I thought you wanted to talk."

You feel yourself blush. "I...I do."

You hop over the console to be closer to Kurapika. You land on his lap.

"(Y/N), what the hell are you doing?"

You tuck some of his hair behind his left ear, exposing his earring. You press your lips against it.

Kurapika squirms in his seat. "I know what you're doing. It's not going to happen."

"You're so tense. Just calm down and enjoy yourself." You push his shoulders down. "We are still married...we can do this stuff."

"Uh...no. We're in the middle of a divorce."

You pull away, showing him your wedding band.

Kurapika slides the ring off your finger and throws it on the floorboard.

"I still have your name. You can't throw that on the floor," you say.

He stares into your eyes. You can almost see the dark crimson through his black contacts. "(Y/N), please get off of me. I'd like to go home."