XVIII. ENSNARED X IN HIS X WEB

Start from the beginning

Illumi continued, ignoring the trio, "I had no idea you wanted to be a hunter, I need a license for my next job so I that's why I'm here. It's such a pleasant coincidence that I ran into you." Illumi explained.

"I don't... really want to be a hunter..." Killua trailed off anxiously, "I just wanted to take the exam." The boy explained as he lowered his eyes, unable to make direct eye contact with his frightening older brother.

"I see. That's quite the relief." Illumi sighed as a sinister aura began surrounding him, "Then let me offer you some advice, you're not cut out to be a hunter." His words cut Killua deep as the albino boy struggled to breath, being slowly suffocated by the man's aura.

"You were born to be an assassin."

Kamine frowned as her heart lurched in despair, Killua had fought tooth and nail to disconnect himself from his assassination roots and here Illumi was, dragging him right back and Kamine was powerless to stop him.

"You're a puppet of darkness, without passion. You don't have wants or desires. As someone who lives in the shadows, you can only feel pleasure when people die." Illumi determined for the boy as Kamine grew frustrated, she didn't care if Illumi was one of her master's or not, how dare he belittle Killua's feelings like that. She knew the kindhearted boy could never grow to hate his older brother, which is why she grew vengeful for him. All his maltreatment, his manipulation, his absolute neglect for Killua's true feelings, they burned brightly inside of her as she shot the man a death glare.

She'd stop him even if it killed her, Killua didn't deserve this— no one did. She took a threatening step into the ring as the man in questioned stared her down.

He simply scoffed before issuing her a demand, "Don't get in my way, you rodent." The young master had beckoned her as her head began to pound.

Her vision swirled as his words repeated endlessly in her head, she collapsed onto her knees as she heard some shuffling behind her. Both Kurapika and Leorio had stood to help the girl but were unable to enter the ring, some guards as begun to pull the female back as she failed to resist. She grew confused at her own actions as she found it difficult to concentrate.

"That's how Dad and I raised you, Kil. What in the world would you accomplish by becoming a hunter?" Illumi moved on, ignoring the female as Killua flinched.

"That's true... I don't want to become a hunter... but there is something I want." Killua fumbled around his words as Illumi frowned, "There isn't." He denied but Killua only furthered his declare.

"There is!" The boy hissed, clenching his fist as he refused to make eye contact with the male.

"Fine. Then please, indulge me. What could you possible want so badly." Illumi waved his hand as Killua frowned.

"I want... to be friends with Gon and..." He trailed off, eyeing the female who looked at him wearily, she seemed to be in immense pain they made eye contact. She winced, her head was pounding but she forced herself to retain consciousness. Killua was fighting so hard to stand up for himself, if she didn't intervene, that sparkle in his eye— that hope— it would disappear forever.

She forced her body to move as her head began to feel as if it was splitting in two. Her feet moved around haphazardly as she held her head.

"Didn't I tell you to get lost?" Illumi reaffirmed as the girl choked, her headache seemed to multiply as she felt herself loosing consciousness.

"I can't-..." She coughed, body began to dangerously sway as her vision blurred, "Killu-..." She couldn't finish as she fainted, the boy gasping in shock as he stared at the female.