2. DEER

THE NEXT MORNING, Sean was still mad at me and all I could say that I didn't know what came over me.

Which was true. Normally, on any given day, I would be acting afraid of Travis, and Robbie, and Lucas, and any other of their friends; but, I had no idea why I was acting like myself that day—maybe because I do have a bit of a problem with controlling my anger.

Okay, a bit might be an understatement.

I decided to make breakfast because I knew that what happened yesterday was only going to be a one-time type of thing. After I cooked the usual breakfast—pancake and bacons, I went upstairs to get ready but not before checking on mom to see if she was still asleep and she was.

It was officially the first day of school and because of what happened yesterday, I needed to get into Sean's good graces so I wore the stupid floral dress. It's literally just a red dress with sunflowers painted on it.

Why would people ruin a perfectly good dress with flower patterns?

As I walked downstairs and caught my brother's attention, he pointed at me with his fork and shook his head. "Just because you're making me happy by wearing that for your first day, doesn't mean that I'm still not mad at you."

I threw my hands up in the air, irritated. "Are you looking at me? You're telling me I wore this for nothing? I'm changing."

"Ah!" He chewed on a piece of bacon like a maniac. "No time. You've got ten minutes to eat and then we're leaving."

Giving my brother a glare, I ran up to the table and sat down, chomping down as many bacons and pancakes I could eat while he finished up and took a picture of how I look like a pig whilst laughing his ass off.

By the time we parked in front of school, he had shushed me for yelling out the word "no" over and over when he told me I needed to apologize to the guys for what I did yesterday, especially to Travis.

"I'm going to tell mom what you did," he threatened, looking down at me. How is that even possible when we're basically the same height? "You know how she is when you punch people out of the blue."

You would think that I would get over that threat easily after so many years but no, I was still very afraid of my mother and didn't want to give her any bad news especially when I'm the one who's involved.

So, I couldn't do anything but roll my eyes and get out of the car with him following after me. "We had a deal, okay?"

"I apologize to the guys," I replied, completely unamused. "not revert back to my fake-ass nerd stereotype self, and not punch anyone because you're helping me not to get detention, and, of course, not get caught by stupid sore losers who I fight with."

He wrapped his arms around me, catching me off guard, and giving me a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you."

I let it stay like that for seconds before pushing him off of me. "I hate you."

As I turned around, I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw Travis, Riley, Lucas, Tyler, and Robbie approaching us. They all had stoic expression except for Travis—oh, Travis was so mad. He had his eyes on me as if they were lasers, and if they were. I would melt and then be six-foot underground from where I'm standing.

I had a good look of what I did to him—his eye was bruised with purple and blue, his cheekbone with a small gash, and his brow split. I didn't even know how I could have done that to him, but I did.