Chapter 2:We Meet Again

Asha

As I slowly come to consciousness, the light burns through my eyelids. I force them open and see Laney slowly climbing back into her bed.

"Hey, where did you go?" I asked.

"Oh, I just went to check out some flowers at the florist for the Oakley and Ashford wedding." She lied. I could tell by the way her left eye twitched. I let it slide though because she would tell me when she wanted to.

"What time is it?" I attempted to change the subject.

"Almost seven." Laney answered.

"Okay, well do you wanna grab breakfast?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not hungry. After I went to the florist I picked up some doughnuts." She told me. "They're on the kitchen counter if you want some."

"Thanks." I said as I went into the kitchen. Even though we were pretty well known wedding planners, living in Manhattan was still expensive. We could afford a pretty good place though. It had one master bedroom, two bathrooms, one guest room, a living room, and a kitchen. We shared the master bedroom and split it down the middle. Her side was graffiti themed while mine was galaxy themed. We were pretty well off considering that the master bedroom was huge.

"So about the plan for today. I'll pick out our outfits and makeup while you take a shower, brush your teeth, and use the bathroom then you get ready while I take a shower and excrete, excrete. Then when I get out I'll get ready while you put on makeup. Then I'll put on my makeup while you get everything ready for when we meet them." She said and I nodded.

She was the more outgoing and sociable one out of the two of us. In the category of business and maturity I was a head, but in boys, fashion, and people in general, she was miles ahead of me. I couldn't talk to a man without stumbling over my words or making a fool of myself.

💍💍

"Hi, can I get two caramel mocchiatos with extra caramel and two warmed up blueberry scones." Laney smiled brightly at the cute barista.

"Can I get a name?" He flirted back.

"Laney and Asha." She said. He winked at her and called our order to his co-workers. We went to sit down at one of the bigger tables.

As Laney and I were talking, I heard our names being called. She went to get our drinks and food.

"Asha?" I heard a voice behind me. I whipped around.

"Chase?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"My brother and I are supposed to meet some...uh...wedding planners here." He said, gesturing to a man beside him who waved. "This is my brother."

"Are you here to meet Morris and Scott by any chance?" I asked, mentally praying it was a 'no.'

"Yeah." He said.

"Asha, help me and take your- Chance?" Laney's eyebrows shot up in surprise. I helped her put our stuff down.

"Laney?" Chase's brother asked.

"What are you doing here?" Laney asked.

"Laney, this is Chase and Chance Ashford...apparently." I said.

"How do you know our last names?" Chase asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hello Chase, Chance. I am Asha Morris and this is my partner, Laney Scott. We are the starters of My Eternity." I said in a business tone. Their eyes widened in surprise.

"I thought Morris and Scott were working for the owner." Chase said.

"Well you thought wrong." I said in a clipped tone. He said he wasn't the most available. I didn't think that meant he had a fiancé! He sent me a pained look. It hurt me but it shouldn't have. We had only had two encounters counting this one! Still, I was drawn to him. There was this aura around him that made me feel...safe. I glanced at Laney and saw she probably felt the same about Chance. Maybe that's where she was this morning.

"Chasey!" One voice squealed.

"Chancey!" Another repeated.

We broke our staring contests to look at the door. There stood Sabrina and Serena Oakley. They were beautiful. I could see why Chase was marrying Sabrina and why Chance was marrying Serena. They looked nothing alike but were still beautiful.

Sabrina was a tall, leggy blonde with crystal blue eyes. I could already tell that she would be really sweet and maybe even a little on the dumb side. I wasn't trying to be offensive to blondes considering Ashley was a blonde, but she had that look in her eye. Like she was a bit lost.

I paled in comparison. My jet black hair and dark brown - almost black - eyes were nothing compared to her looks. I was also shorter than everyone there, much to my dismay. I was averaged sized but considering everyone were giants these days, I was deemed short.

Laney on the other hand was also a tall, leggy blonde but instead of crystal blue eyes, she had vibrant green eyes. They matched her personality perfectly. She was probably every guy's dream girl because she could be a model. Seriously, she was offered once.

Serena was surprisingly the complete opposite of her sister. She had dark brown hair that was lighter than mine but we had the same colored eyes. She was the tannest out of all of us and unlike her sister, she gave me a bad vibe. She had a little glare in her eye at Laney and me.

"Shall we start?" I asked professionally. Sabrina and Serena sat down along with Chase and Chance. Laney and I sat across from them.

"Let's order our drinks first." Sabrina suggested as she stood up. Her sister and the guys followed after.

Laney and I turned to each other, "how do you know him?"

"I met Chase at the grocery store and we hit it off. At least I thought we did." I said.

"I met Chance at one of the late night diners and I gave him my number. In my defense, I didn't know he was in a relationship." She said.

"Okay, I really like Chase and I assume you really like Chance but we're going to have to act professional." I told her.

"Agreed. Besides, they're just guys...right?" She stressed. I sent her a sympathetic look that she mirrored.

"Okay, so where should we start?" Sabrina asked as they sat down. I gave Chase one last look before we began.