Chapter 4

Alaine POV

"Do you have any idea about this?" I asked Arthemis while we are waiting for grandpa as he still entered his room.

Nasa may conference room na kami.
Umiling siya halata ang kaba sa mukha.
Sabay pa kaming napalingon sa pintuan nang bumukas ito at bumungad si Hellion.

Halatang galing sa trabaho. He is in his usual business attire. Medyo magulo nga lang ang buhok.

"Sister, what is it again with grandpa? I'm in Albania and he fucking called me to come here in less than an hour. Huh! My head still hurts." At basta na lang niyang binagsak ang katawan sa sofa.

Umiling na lang si Arthemis. "We have no idea."

Pero agad din siyang umayos nang pagkakaupo nang makitang pumasok na rin si grandpa.

"Echo éna xechoristó anakoínosi." (I have a special announcement.)

"Ti eínai aftó pappoús?" (What is it grandpa?" Hellion asked.

Nilingon naman ako ni Grandpa. Lalong bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko dahil sa kaba. "It's about Jewel."

Kinuha ko ang iniabot niyang jewelry box.

"Open it." I can't help but to be amaze as I see two beautiful rings.

Nilingon ko ang dalawa kong kapatid na parehong nanlalaki ang mga mata sa gulat.

"What about these rings, grandpa?" tanong ko.

"These two rings symbolize the power of the Ponos Mafia. What I wanted to tell you is that it's time for you to handle the Mafia and replace me."

"What? Why me?" Takot kong sinarado at nilapag ang jewelry box.

Napatingin ako kila Arthemis at Hellion pareho silang tahimik at seryosong nakatingin sa amin.

"Because you are the Mafia heiress. When you were born, I already proclaimed that you would be the one to handle the Mafia. That explains your tattoo. As you can see, those rings have an engraved phoenix. And now, I think you're at the right age."

"But grandpa, I think she's not fully recovered, and she still wants to enter college and pursue her dream. In fact, she wanted to take business to help us." Kitang-kita ang disgusto sa mukha ni Arthemis.

Oo nga. Kanina lang ay pinag-uusapan namin ang tungkol dito. Ngayon ganito na.

"Yeah, grandpa I agreed with Themis. You know, we can still help you. And about the mafia, I think you can still handle it. Our people still have great respect to you," matigas na sabi ni Hellion.

He smiled at me, but his eyes remained serious. Now I can see the real Hellion with Ponos's blood.

"Are you questioning my decision, Hellion?" malamig na tugon ni Grandpa.

Lalo kong naramdaman ang lamig dito sa conference room dahil kay Grandpa. He is the only person I'm intimidated to.

Magsasalita pa sana si Hellion pero senenyasan na siyang tumahimik ni Arthemis.

"Jewel, I understand that you're still adjusting to this kind of life, but I want to tell you now to make you ready. And, I'm getting old and weak while our rival mafias are getting stronger. They're preparing to take us down."

I bit my lower lip feeling the heavy responsibility.

"I understand grandpa, and I'm not totally rejecting your offer. It's just that I'm still less experienced compared to Themis and Hellion. I can't just handle the mafia without any knowledge. They are more deserving to replace you."