23: Darjeel With It

Comenzar desde el principio

"Marnie, that is the most beautiful things you've ever said," I said.

"Thanks Kristal, maybe you should tell Sandy about what you wrote in your diary," she suggested, before falling over. I looked over at Sanders, she smiled and waved at me. I waved back, also smiling.

"Maybe some other time," I said to myself. Suddenly, I heard cackling nearby of course the Ice Dancers. I glared and walked over.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'What do we want?'" Josee asked, as Marnie joined me at my side.

"She means: You and your ugly-fugly partner should leave us alone!" Marnie said, stumbling a bit.

"Excuséz moi?!" Jacques growled, approaching Marnie.

"Wait!" Josee told him. "But trust us we're not here to sabotage you. We're here to sabotage with you," Josee said, as she got near my face. 

"Yeah, right," I thought to myself.

"We want a new alliance. It's time to get rid of the Cadets or the Haters," Josee said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Sure, and right after they go home we become your next 'accidental' targets," I said sarcastically.

"And besides Bryan, Arthur, and Sandra are our friends. Aside from you, we like everyone else who's still in this competition," Marnie added.

"Fine, have it your way, barbies," Josee said, as she and Jacques walked away scowling.

"Guys check your baskets," Emma cried at us. I looked down and saw that our leaves were on the ground. Quickly, I shut our baskets and scooped up all the leaves into our baskets again.

"Thanks Gemma and Kiki," Marnie said, as she continued to pick leaves. After what felt like hours in the heat I had finally finished my basket. Looking over at Marnie, I saw she had also finished.

"You done?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm finished, Christie!" she smiled, stumbling slightly as she fell on her butt.

"Great, let's go, little miss, stumble," I said as I gripped the collar on her sweater and pulled her in the direction of the judge and we entered the building. We got there slightly before the Sisters who joined us. I was worried because several other teams had already left but once we'd left our bags of leaves the local gave us a tip. I picked up Marnie and I put her over my shoulder.

"Get sent reeling on the Darjeeling, we have to get on the Darjeeling express bla, bla, bla train cars. We'll be assigned to train cars in the order we arrive. But before the train reaches the chill zone we need to make our way to the front car in order to exit," I read, after a bit of running Marnie and I had reached our train cars. Thankfully, the heat daze had worn off and she was finally back to normal. We sat down in our car and waited for the train to take off. After a couple more minutes of cooling down the train took off, and Don's voice came over the intercom.

"Hello racers in cars two through seven you are free to begin making your way to cabin one now!" The two of us literally jumped out of our seats, and then left our car. Putting my ear up to the door I heard some audible oinking from in there shuddering at the thought of treading in pig crap I knew we needed a new plan.

"Marns, we need a new plan," I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Look it may be a million dollars but I am not treading in pig crap," I said.

"Okay,"

Confessional: The Daredevils:

"Obviously I want to win so I can get to med school, but I am not treading through pig poop." I said.