Chapter 3

"Hey strawberry shortcake." He said with a smirk. He must be referring to my hair. Any name is better than Crayola.
"What's shakin bacon?" I say trying to keep things less awkward than it already is. "I wanted to talk to you..."he purrs.

"I can see that by the way I was abducted from the hallway. I wouldn't be surprised if there are Amber alerts going off on people's phones right now." I laugh and casually hop on top of a desk.
What could this boy want with me Crayola the great, the powerful, the sexy.;)

"I didn't abduct you, I swept you off your feet."He whined.

I peered out of the door and saw the late stragglers shuffling to their classes. I was probably going to skip anyways. I'm too cool for school.

Drayton closes the distance between us As he strides towards me with that big goofy grin of his. Shay pops into my mind and my hands get all sweaty because I'm really nervous. I'll probably mess this up like I mess everything up. I wipe my hands on my booty shorts. I just want Shay to be happy. I keep saying that over and over in my head until we're inches apart. Maybe even centimeters. I hold my breath and scrunch up my face, trying to look unkissable but who am I kidding, I am gorgeous.

He leans in for the kill and as my hearts beating fast with the guilt for what's about to happen...

He just taps my nose ring with his finger and he chuckles knowing he fooled me. Thank baby Jesus! I glare at him. I didn't know if I would've been able to hold back! I could just hear that 8-pack I just happened to notice, beckoning to me through his thin shirt. Shay is a lucky girl.

My glare turns to shock when he finally speaks again.
"I wanted to ask you on a date."

"I don't date." I say sternly.

What kind of game is this boy playing?He should know that Shay is my partner in crime, the Patrick to my Spongebob, my other half.

"Aww come on it'll be fun! There will be dinner and a movie, all the works!" He begged.
"What about Shay?" I spat.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the dates not exactly with me."
More confusion."what do you mean not exactly?" I say annoyed.
"I want you to go on a double-date with Shay and me. I have a feeling you'll have a blast with the guy I have set up for you. He just moved here from England, but I've known him for a very long time. Trust me He's really nice ."
If that isn't the code for broken, I don't know what it is. And I know about being broken.
I still have a few more questions."So this is a blind date right?" I ask innocently. "Exactly." He says probably hoping I'll agree to babysit his loser friend while he puts the moves on Shay.
"That's cool, I've never met a blind person before." I joke and He laughs for a bit. His smile seems genuine and excited.
"So you'll go then?!" he asks.
"I would bite off my own thumb for Shay, a date should be a piece of cake. Right?"
He hugs me and ruffles up my hair.
"Thanks Cray."
I try my best not to reach down and squeeze his butt.
We exchange information and he says he'll pick us up at my house around 7 Sunday night. That gives us two days. The bell rings and and the mob of kids surge past me as I search for Shay. I need to tell her the new info. She's going to be so excited! I feel like I'm going to cry all of a sudden as the panging realization sinks in

I have to go dress shopping.