𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3

Oh how I want to be hers.

No one's POV–

After taming their gryphons, the group decided to walk around the forest, joking and laughing at everything.

"Hey.. want to see something pretty?" Y/N asked with a soft smile, everyone followed her as she led the way to a little pond surrounded by flowers. "Here you can find your spiritual guide.. they are very pure spirits, they help you through everyday and will forever be with you" She said as she gently tapped the water of the pond, smiling to herself.

"Are you saying that.. we can get a spiritual guide too?" Tuk said with glimmer in her eyes. Y/N turned to her and nodded her head "Would you like your spiritual guide now?" She asked softly, Tuk nodded her head in excitement.

Y/N stood up and walked towards Tuk, grabbing her hand and pulling her close to the pond "Would anyone else like to do this now?" She asked, looking at the group. Tsireya and Kiri walked forward and stood beside Tuk. Y/N simply nodded and put her hands together.

"Breathe..take a moment to think of trust, love, kindness and compassion.." Y/N said softly while the three girls followed her example and cleared their mind.

"Now think of something you couldn't do and the way it made you feel.. how confused you felt, how lost you felt" Y/N chanted softly, her hands still together.

Tuk fell to the ground, followed by Tsireya and Kiri. They couldn't explain why, but they felt a sudden wave of sadness, tears threatening to escape their eyes.

Neteyam tried to walk to the girls to help them, but Atohi was fast to stop him. Ao'nung was also stopped by Diwali. "Stop, just pay attention." Diwali said firmly, not loosing his grip on Ao'nung. The boy just scoffed and backed away.

"We hide in the shadows, the moonlight allows us to shine. The forest, the lake and your spirit all goes back and forth. There is a beginning, but there is no ending" Y/N kept talking calmly, standing between the weeping girls.

In a swift movement, she kneeled down next to Tuk and held her close "It's okay.. It was just a thought, it cannot harm you if you're here" She said while picking her up. She stood up and helped Tsireya and Kiri to stand again too.

"Spirit means deep inside yourself, the part of you that no one can see. To be guided, you must seek inside you, allow your deepest feelings to float out. They are seen by the purest souls" Y/N explained, she then looked up and two little creatures were flying towards them.
(Photo at the end of the chapter)

One of the creatures landed on Tsireya's hair, resting instantly. The other creature was near Kiri, who just smiled at the little one, slightly amused.

"Every family has a spiritual guide. This creatures are connected to the people you call family. They are the kind and compassionate, treat them gently" Y/N said while setting Tuk back on her feet, the little girl instantly ran towards her sister to see the creature up close.

Their siblings were quick to surround the girls as they play with their guides. Laughter was all that could be heard as Y/N approached her older brothers.

Diwali leaned in closer to Y/N and whispered to her "When will we tell them?" To this, the girl scoffed and turned to see the boy.

"How many times will I have to tell you this? We will do once the time is right, why do you insist so much on this matter?" She asked annoyed of the situation.

"Think about it, they came from the jungle and the reef, I'm trying to look out for them and for you! You know the deal with the border" Diwali replied in a defensive tone.