Healed (Eliza & Chad) - Chap 4

Eliza's POV

When we get back to the house I take the box up to my bedroom and place it under the bed. When everyone leaves I'll go through them.

Walking across the hall I stop at my daughter's room I open the door and see she's awake. I walk into the room and pick her up. "Hello, princess." I kiss her cheek. "Let's get you something to eat and then change your nappy.

The door opens and Miriam walks in. A smile spreads across her face. "Hello, Eliza. I didn't know you were in here."

"Yeah, she just woke up. I'm about to feed her." I move us over to the rocking chair and sit. Pulling my blouse open I move my daughter until she latches onto me.

She begins to drink the milk.

Austin is the next person to walk into the room. He stops next to me. "Mr and Mrs Wilde are here. They want to see their Granddaughter. What do you want me to tell them?"

"Aspen will be down in twenty minutes. She needs to be fed and changed." I lean back and kiss my husband. "Thanks for coming up here and asking about Aspen for them."

"You're welcome. I can also see that they genuinely care for Aspen. Letting them be apart of her life is the greatest thing you can do for that family."

"I know." I start to move the rocker back and forth. "Tell my sister I'll be down when I can."

"I will." Chad walks out of the room and heads down stairs.

When Aspen has had enough she pulls away.

Miriam moves over to me. "I can change her." She takes Aspen from me.

I go through the drawer and find a new outfit for Aspen to wear. I place it on the change table. Can you put the pants and jumper on her?"

"Sure," she pulls the clothes off her and then starts to change her nappy.

Walking out of the room I head down the stairs and join family and friends in the living.

Everyone gives me their condolences, which doesn't make me feel any good after losing my mother.

Nina walks over and hugs me. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm not. What about you?"

"Not really." She holds her stomach and winces.

That's not a good sign.

"Nina, how long have you been cramping?"

She looks at me. "After we left the cemetery. Why?"

"We need to get you to the hospital." I take her hand and pull her out of the house.

Chad see's me walking out of the house and stops me. "Eliza, what are you doing?"

"I need to take Nina to the hospital. She's cramping. Can you take care of everything for me. Including the Wilde's meeting their Granddaughter."

"I can do that. Give me an update when you find out what's going on?"

"I will."

Kat catches up to us. "You're not leaving without me. It's us three now. Since we don't have Dad anymore."

My sister's and I climb into the car and I take Nina to Cedar Senai Hospital.

As soon as we get to the hospital Nina is sent to the maternity ward where she see's a doctor.

Kat takes my hand. "I'm glad you were the first person to see she was in pain. She wasn't going to tell anyone."

"I know. She was surprised when I told her I'd take her to the hospital. Do you think Jasper, Dylan or Chloe would have taken care of her?"

"No, she was just someone for them to use. When they wanted something they used her. With us we wouldn't use her and she has a roof over her head. One that won't disappear when she screws up. Unlike what she was having with Chloe."

Beep,

Pulling the phone from my bag I look at it and see a message from Chad.

Chad: Are you at the hospital yet?

Me: Yes, Nina is with a doctor right now.

Chad: Is she going to be okay?

Me: I hope so. We'll know once the Doctor has checked on her.

Chad: Can you message me when you leave the hospital?

Me: Okay... I love you, Chad.

Chad: I love you too, Eliza. Also, everyone has left the house. They didn't want to be here after the two of you left.

Looking over at Kat, I say. "Everyone left the house after we left. I supposed they didn't want to deal with our husbands."

She smiles. "They don't know how to react around them as they aren't part of our family. Do you think they went to see Jasper, Dylan and Chloe?"

"Probably," I look towards the door and a nurse walks through the door.

"I'm looking for the family of Nina Donoghue?"

"That's us." Kat and I stand up at the same time and the nurse walks over to us.

"You're sister has been experiencing Braxton hicks. We'd like to keep her here for a few days and then after that she's going to be on bed rest until we know that everything has settled for her. Is there anyone that will be at home with her."

"She's going to live with me." Kat says. "I'll keep an eye on her. Make sure that she doesn't do what she's not supposed to." She assures the nurse.

"Okay, we'll make her comfortable and then you can see her."

Kat places her hand over mine. "You should go home. I'll take care of everything."

"Are you sure?"

"I am. Eliza, you need to stop taking care of everything on your own. You have an army that will do anything for you. All you have to do is ask and we'll be there to help. At times you also need to take time out for yourself. Once a week my husband takes the kids and I get to have me time."

"What does me time include?"

"Facials, relaxing, sleeping in, reading a good book, going to the beach, grabbing a coffee. It's all about taking care of yourself. Your mental health is important too. Having a newborn isn't easy."

"Thanks for the advice, Kat. I'm going to see Nina before I leave."

The nurse returns and tells us that our sister is waiting for us.

Kat and I link arms and follow the nurse to the room. When we get their Nina looks up and smile spreads across her face. "There's my favourite sister's."

We walk over to her and give her a hug. "The nurse told us what's going on." Kat says. "When you get released you're coming home with me. You'll be living in the spare room where I can keep an eye on you."

Letting her go. "I'm glad you're okay, Nina. I need to go home. I'll be back in the morning to see you."

"Okay," she smiles at me. "Thanks for everything today, Eliza. If it wasn't for you I might have lost the baby and that's the last thing that I want."

"You're welcome. You'll be a great mother when the little one arrives. Just remember that you have Kat and I to help you raise the little. Also, our partners are going be good father figures for your child." With that I leave the room.