Ch 52: Five Minutes

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "Can I see her now?"

She hesitated only a moment before nodding, "what are you going to do."

I ran a hand through my hair, "beg, grovel, maybe cry. I don't really bloody know but I need to do something."

He jaw dropped, "you beg, grovel, or cry?"

I ignored her, making my way out of the room. walking through the halls to where I knew Calla was.

I knocked once.

I didn't hear Callas sweet voice. "Come in."

I heard my prat brothers.

I nearly broke the doorknob off as I flung the door open.

I knew I had no right to be angry or jealous.

But I was. I was horribly jealous and blindingly mad.

What was my jackass brother doing with Calla?

Alone.

In a bedroom.

While she sad and vulnerable and upset.

If he touched her I'm ripping of his head.

He looked up, eyes wide, as I walked in. "Brother? your pet is in the shower."

My fists clenched at my sides, "why?"

he rose a brow, "women tend to like to be clean even if they are a nutter."

I glared at him.

"I didn't touch her brother, although you don't exactly have the right to be angry even if I had after ripping out her heart. You and I have very different taste in lovers."

I blinked at him, "she's not my-"

"oh shut up. I'm not going to play hypothetical with you, you fancy that girl. She's a fit little tart so it is understandable-"

I shot him a glare.

"-She's not my type and I'm not stupid enough to sleep with a pet."

I looked away, anger slowly depleting, "is she..."

"she's a bloody mess."

I flinched.

"did you want Angelica?"

I shot him a disgusted look, "no!"

"start with that...I'll leave you two be for a while. but if I come back and she's worse I have a country home I'm going to rent here and I'm taking her with me."

He was gone before I could even think to kill him.

I don't care what he says, If Calla is right and he has the same interest in oddities and the improper as I do there is no was I was letting him leave with her.

The shower turned off and I glanced around the room, it was messy but I could at least tell she had been eating.

That was a good thing.

The bathroom door clicked open, the air seemed to thicken. Her voice trailed over me, "why are you here?"

I looked her over, she looked tiered. "to talk to you."

She blinked, eyes fogging up, "I don't want to talk."

My heart dropped, "Calla, please baby I-"

She glared at me in a mix of sadness and rage, "don't you baby me!"

I nodded, "I'm sorry...just please five minutes."

She was quiet for a long moment, holding her robe closer to herself "five minutes."

I walked toward her slowly, "I'll do anything to make this right Ba- Calla. I need you and I never should have kissed her I know that I don't want her I want you." Her eyes widened in shock as I drooped to my knees and took her hands in my own, "anything Calla name it and I'll do it. please just tell me what you need, what you need for me to prove that I only want you."

She looked down at me for a second seemingly unsure what to do before her beautiful lips parted, "even if you do this I might not..."

I nodded, "I know...please just let me try."

"...I want that whore gone."

I didn't even hesitate, "Her bags will be packed and she will be gone by morning."

"I never want her alone in a room with you again."

"I won't even ever see her again if thats what you want bab- Calla."

She hesitated a moment before shaking her head, "...just not alone she was the first person who befriended you..I wouldn't ever take that away."

for fucks sake this woman was a saint. I didn't even bother asking how she knew that, I just nodded mutely.

"I...uhm...." she looked around as if she didn't know what to say next.

I could think of a million things I could do better and she was struggling to find something other than making Angelica go home and never having the woman alone with me.

"...tell me if you're not serious about me."

I looked up at her shocked, He crystal blue eyes wide with nervous tears.

She thought I wasn't serious about her.

God I am such a prat for making her think that, "I have never been more serious about anything in my entire life."

A look of relief and a nod, "...I want normal pajamas too not just the skimpy stuff."

"of course consider it done."

"...date night...If i choose to forgive you I want date night once...no twice a month, just us doing whatever out of your room."

I nodded, "Of course ."

I was graced with a small smile, "I want you to tell me how you feel about me."

I didn't hesitate, I didn't even blink, "I love you. I am madly in love with you."

She looked utterly shocked, "I-I-I...I need some time still...I'm hurt Kaden and I don't know if I can trust you. Give me some time...Aldric has offered me some time away and I think I need it."

I grit my teeth at the mention of my brother but nodded, "If that is what you want."

She looked down at me, removing one of her hands from my own and making a move to stroke my hair but let her hand drop at the last second, "you seem angry."

"I don't have the right to be."

She nodded, "you don't. but why are you?"

"...I am worried about Aldrics intentions."

She blinked, "why?"

"because Calla you are beautiful and smart and funny. Sweeter that sugarcane and brighter than the sun."

Her brows furrowed, "why would that matter? He's Gay."

I stared at her in shock, just as a crash echoed through the room Aldric has just walked in as Calla spoke and dropped what he had been carrying. I looked at him shocked.

He stared at the two of us.

My brother and i spoke as one, "Bloody hell Calla who told you that?!"

Aldric sounded more curious than surprised and more guilty than angry. much to my surprise.

Calla just blinked, "what its totally obvious although I don't blame you for keeping it on the down low. I picture your dad thinking you can beat the gay away."