Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)

Start from the beginning

''It was your decision—We're here.''

Kazuma stopped in front of another sealed door, in an area at the top of the stairs. This was the door to the roof. A few seconds later, Ichika came over to him and looked at the door as well.

''You said you've used this place before, so why is it locked Kazuma-kun?...''  Ichika was already starting to worry inside, even as they were talking here right now, fireworks continued to go off, with every passing second working against her.

''Someone must have come and changed the lock...''

''What are we going to do then! You said there are no other way!''

*C R A S H ! *

A deafening noise broke out and shook the entire building, prompting Ichika to reflexively cover her ears for. Once the noise subsided, she cautiously opened her eyes and saw the reason for the sound.

Kazuma kicked the sealed door with all of his force, while the door that was kicked broke off its chains and fell to the ground with a huge noise. The path to the roof was now completely opened and it looks like the rain had stopped.

''Yeah, that works too...'' Ichika mumbled.

So, the duo managed to reach the roof of the building, the buildings could be considered adjacent, since the buildings of this area were almost next to each other everywhere. 

''I CAN SEE! The festival area is there! I see the fireworks, they're still going. Kazuma-kun! Can you see them?''

''Whatever. We have to be quick, Nakano.''

''Also... How can we move from building to building!?''

''I told you I've been here before, didn't I?''

''I know but...''

Kazuma pointed to their next target, another building almost adjacent to this building. The distance between the buildings was almost two steps. A distance that a normal person can easily jump. But if someone doesn't succeed...It's certain death. One mistake and your whole body will be torn apart, they will collect your organs from the streets.

''Dangerous...Maybe we—...KAZUMA-KUN!''

He was already gone. He leapt across and landed perfectly on the other side without looking back,. Though Ichika couldn't help but be impressed by his display of agility. He simply brushed off the dust from his shoulders and turned to face her, signaling for her to do the same.

''N-no way! That's too dangerous!'' Ichika was naturally afraid. This isn't an everyday activity for a girl to do, in fact, no normal person should do it.

''Don't be ridiculous. It's not that dangerous, and if anything goes wrong, I'll hold you.''

Ichika was slightly relieved, if a child who could open the door without difficulty grabbed her, she was definitely saved. Yet this boy was radiating an aura that was absolutely unreliable.

Quite the opposite of Asuka... As much as Asuka radiated a trustworthy aura, this boy was radiating the opposite.

''Will you seriously hold me?...''

''Yes. You still have my jacket, it wouldn't be nice to take it from your body.

''HA—!?'' At that moment, many thoughts crossed Ichika's mind about this boy. None of them were good. Ichika finally gave up, after all, he had said that he'll hold her if anything happens ( whatever the reason ) ''W-well...Here we go...''

Ichika prepared herself, it couldn't be more difficult than P.E classes at school. After all, she had trained much harder than that.