Chapter 4

Chris: Can u pick mila up from school? She feels sick n her parents arent home so just pretend to be her cousin or sister or somethin.

Chris: Her last names cabello btw

Lauren: right now? im about to sleep

Chris: Yes right now, our lunch is about to end so hurry tf up

Lauren: fine asshole.

Chris: Love u too

Lauren grabbed her keys from the kitchen table and headed out to her old high school.

Once she arrived, Lauren walked into the office and up to the woman in a black suit behind the desk.

"Nice to see you again, Lauren," the woman behind the desk said sarcastically. Lauren had always been a bad student, and this was probably one of the only times Lauren went to the office without being forced to by a teacher.

"Yeah yeah, I'm here to pick up Camila," Lauren said, ignoring the comment she had just made.

"Camila..."

"Cabello. Uh she's my cousin and her aunt couldn't pick her up," Lauren lied and got a nod from the woman.

"She'll be right up here in a moment," she said while dialing a number into the office phone and told Lauren to take a seat. Lauren sat down on the provided chairs in the school office and waited for Camila.

In about five minutes, Camila dragged herself to the office and gave Lauren a weak smile. Lauren got up and walked out of the office with Camila following her. Camila sat on the passenger seat of Lauren's Range Rover while Lauren drove.

"So do you wanna stop at CVS for some medicine or..."

"I think I just need to rest," Camila sighed. She then reclined her seat and shut her eyes, but didn't fall asleep.

When Lauren pulled up to the driveway, she was relieved to see that her parents were out for work.

"Alright," Lauren huffed out as she shut her house door, "You want some soup? Tea?"

"Tea would be nice," Camila smiled and took a seat on the black leather couch. Lauren walked into the kitchen to make some tea while Camila took the liberty of laying down and turning on the TV. Lauren walked back with a warm mug in her hand with a tea bag string hanging on the side.

"Here you go," Lauren said as she handed Camila the mug. Camila accepted the tea and took a sip before she scrunched up her face.

"Too hot?" Lauren laughed as she noticed Camila beginning to blow on the tea. Camila only nodded and proceeded on taking small sips.

"So what do you see in Chris?" Lauren asked out of nowhere. "Like, really, he's...something else."

"You're so mean," Camila laughed before she took another small sip from her tea.

"I'm serious! Usually girls lose interest in him by now and come to me," Lauren said almost cockily.

"Yeah, I've been told," Camila said with a cocked eyebrow.

"He told you? About Victo-"

"Yup."

"Jennifer?"

"Uh huh."

"Even Amanda?!"

"Yes, along with her twin sister Alyssa," Camila said as Lauren got embarrassed. She didn't want Camila to think that she was some slut that just wants to hook up, which is basically what she really does.

"Well that's way in the past, you know, I've changed," Lauren said while sitting down next to Camila.

"Is that why you were intensely checking me out yesterday? The window's see through, you know," Camila laughed half heartedly. Lauren felt a wave of embarrassment come across her. Camila just continued to laugh as she saw the girl fluster.

"Can I have a blanket?" Camila asked. "I'm freezing." Lauren nodded and got up to grab a blanket from her room. When she came back, Camila was already half asleep. Lauren assumed that the girl had a migraine, so she wet a towel in the kitchen and placed the damp cloth on Camila's forehead. Camila smiled a bit, and her eyes shot up when Lauren kissed her cheek.

"Just a goodnight kiss," Lauren smirked and walked back up to her room, leaving Camila back to herself. Camila didn't pay too much attention to the kiss and fell asleep to not feel the thudding pain on her skull.

After hours of mindlessly scrolling through all her social media, Lauren walked downstairs again. Camila was still sleeping and Chris would be home from school, along with Taylor.

Lauren walked into the kitchen and grabbed a nearby banana and began peeling it.

"Smooth," Lauren heard an apporaching voice say. Lauren looked up and saw Camila holding her head as if it was in pain.

"Smooth?"

"Remember, my 'goodnight kiss'?" Camila said sarcastically, using air quotation marks. "I see what you're doing Jauregui."

"Oh, do you?" Lauren smirked, dropping her banana on the counter. She walked around the counter and stood in front of Camila.

"Yes, and I don't like it," Camila said, which was the exact opposite to what Lauren expected to hear.

"How do you know what you like or not if you haven't tried it?" Lauren nearly whispered, beginning to cup Camila's face. Camila shook her head and took a step back.

"I've already tried someone, and his name is Chris," Camila said, suddenly bursting out laughing. "Not like that...but like, you know what I mean!"

Lauren only nodded and laughed, because what else could she really do? She wasn't going to force Camila to do something she didn't want to.

"I'm hoooooome," Chris yelled as he entered the house. An abrupt smile crept onto Camila's face and she ran to the living room to greet her boyfriend.

"You don't want me now, but you'll see," Lauren muttered under her breath and walked out of the kitchen and into her room.

Lauren had been looking at some basketball tickets online to see when the Miami Heat plays, but was interrupted by her younger brother.

"You annoy her, you know," Chris said seriously, shutting the door firmly. "She's different, Lauren! She actually has dignity, she's not going to turn out to be some slut and hook up with you like those other girls."

Lauren only nodded, continuing to scroll through ticket prices. She didn't want to pay attention to any other words that Chris had to say. Plus, it tends to piss people off when they want to have a conversation and you respond with a nod or a simple 'ok'.

"..and stay away from her. It was a clear mistake having you pick her up." With that, Chris slammed Lauren's door. By the last sentence Lauren managed to hear, she figured that Camila told Chris about that little moment they had. But it didn't faze Lauren. It wasn't like Lauren kissed her fucking body parts, it was just the cheek.

But Lauren shrugged it off and continued on her search while also thinking about how she was gonna get Camila to cave without Chris flipping.