1

I have to think. Have to get myself out of this. Fuck. Of course those elitism pigs have a dungeon. Why wouldn't they, right? A castle isn't complete without one.

My eyes steady as I watch Rhys... Watch me. It's unsettling to say the least. I'm not sure how to react to the fact that he's right in front of me while Kate's other Romeo and I are chained to the wall. Literally chained. Kill me now. Oh wait, I better not give him any ideas. Just shut up. Shut up and wait. He's got to understand, right? He's got to let me out, whether to kill Roald or to help him with the rest of his plan, I don't care. I need to get free so I can end this. End you.

What I don't count on is him seeing through my bullshit without a care in the world. I thought I was important to his plan but clearly not enough. He's kicked over the lantern and the whole place is awash with light and heat and smoke. Roald gets so choked up on it that he wakes up, especially as I'm slamming my restraint desperately against the wall, hoping these century old chains are weak enough to give me some leeway.

While I work, I can't help but think about you. I've never met such a schemer before and I married Love. What even are you, Rhys? How could I have been so blind, how could I not have seen the danger in your eyes that are in mine- not that I'm always this way. When an animal is caged, they've got no option but to fight their way through, right? Or give up and die. I'm not ready to die yet. Not like this. Not till I've put you down.

My head starts to get foggy but I've managed to get myself free. Against every sensible nerve in my body begging me to do otherwise, I help Roald the same way. This will be fine. He's not quite able to get the vent above us open but this will be fine. We'll find some way and I won't die here, murdered by some random British ginger with a penchant for killing and framing. To think he got the idea from me. Again. End me.

The grate above us is removed. I'm relieved, at first but clearly, so is the man standing above us with a small smile.

You, again.

"Missed me?"

In a second, Roald has been pushed out of my grip and you're stretching your hand out to me. I want to argue because I just know if you take me up first, Roald is guaranteed to die in here but I can't stand the thought of that ass being saved while I risk my death. You've proven you're not the forgiving type and this is my second chance. My only chance. So I take your hand and climb out, hoping I can pull the screaming man out of there, hoping at the same time deep within that you won't let me.

I take a blow to my head and the world goes dark.