Chapter 10

"We spent five weeks at number one!" Chris yelled to the camera

"No we spent one week at spot twenty two" I said to the camera

"The world forgot about us"

"Maybe you but not me"

"Kadie I'm trying really hard to be dramatic"

"By lying?"

"If that's what it takes" Chris said and we began laughing.

It's twelve o'clock in the afternoon on the second of December and me and Chris are in the middle of rehearsals for tomorrow

Sixteen years ago me and Chris released a song while drunk and a week later it had gained some attraction. It's a purely funny song we made while drunk.

Every so often it pops back up in the charts basically for people to laugh. The music video we made still makes me laugh to this day.

But tomorrow is the sixteenth anniversary of the release and I'm presenting ant and dec Saturday night takeaway too tomorrow so we though what better time to preform it for the first time in fifteen years.

But there's a dance we made up and now we're trying to relearn it.

"We've brought this song back for the first time in fifteen years. Usually when someone brings it up we pretend to have no association with it" Chris said

"For one night only!" I said

"For one night only, never again after tonight"

"When they first suggested the idea to us, we were like, aw really? Does anyone really want to see this?"

"But over the last hour it's all come back to us, like flood gates"

"The dance is a lot quicker than I remember" Chris said

"A lot quicker. It's either the tracks got quicker over the years or we've aged quite a bit since releasing it"

"I think the tracks just became quicker, we haven't aged a day"

"The one thing I'm really not looking forward to is bringing back that music video look"

"The clothes, my makeup, our hair. Oh lord kill me now"

"I can barely remember it"

"I wore like a red sports jerseys, real 2000s male style, and you wore the same thing just in blue and with a backwards cap"

"How do you remember that" Chris laughed

"Cause it's permanently burned into my mind, I get nightmares about those outfits and that song"

"Everything was always so baggy back then"

"Oh my days, everything. People had tracksuits with the crotch area touching their ankles. And your earpieceing!" I laughed