Chapter Forty: "It's A Duck".

Zacznij od początku

"It's in the back, but slow down..."

Too late, I was already leaning over to the back in between the two seats, the seatbelt pressing against my belly, and I grabbed the white paper bag full of purple fillers, squealing happily.

"You haven't even seen what it is yet." Angelo said, sounding amused as I hurriedly righted myself up back in my seat to see what the present was.

"Angie are you kidding?!" I gave another squeal, pulling out the cutest, squishiest, most adorable stuffed pig I ever did see. "This is so cuuuuteee!!"

"You actually like it?" He asked, glancing over to see my reaction.

"Hello? It's a purple pig!" I showed it to him. "Look at those tiny wings!" I added and gasped, "Oh like when someone says if pigs could fly, right?! But not only can this pig fly, it's purple! Which is basically a symbol of how dreams come true! Oh I'll cherish this forever, you're a genius, Angelo!"

"I just... thought it'd match your bedroom..." He murmured but he was probably just denying his own wisdom.

"Thank you," I said, hugging the pig to me, "It'll be nice having something to remember you by hanging around my room. I'll think up a fitting name."

Angelo's POV

So I'd picked the right present. That was a huge relief because there were a hundred ways I saw it going wrong.

You don't know if she's pretending to like it just so you don't feel bad. She already has a lot of these things, after all. My subconscious said. It was no question that he was against me more than anything.

"He's so squishy." Violet cooed, playing with the short legs. As I turned the car down a path, she looked up and watched buildings and trees pass by through the windshield.

"I haven't been down this side of town in ages." She said, "Do I know where we're going?"

"I'm very sure you do." I told her. Now how could I make her remember without giving away the actual location? "It was rather popular years back."

"Hmm, are we going to that breakfast only cafe? Oh my goodness, they had the best waffles, they were definitely popular!"

A breakfast only cafe? Not even close.
"Didn't they shut down a long time ago?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Maybe they reopened." She chuckled.

"They definitely did not, do you want to try again?"

"In a minute, I'll keep observing." She said, leaning forward in her seat to raise the volume of the radio. "Oh, I love this song! You know it, right?" She asked me, already moving to the beat with a happy grin.

Girl, close your eyes
Let that rhythm get into you...

Who didn't know this song?

I shook my head as a joke and when I glanced at her, her mouth was open.

"Michael Jackson!" She said like that would suddenly alter my brain cells and I'd know it. "This song's so popular, what?"

Don't try to fight it,
There'd be nothing that you can do...

Turning to look at her, I hummed along. "Relax your mind..."

Her eyes lit up as she grinned, shaking her head. "You had me there."

I shrugged, "Lay back and groove with mine,
You gotta-"

"Feel! That! Heat!" She sang loudly before holding an invisible mic to my face so I could take the next line.