52. From You, 2000 Years Ago

Comenzar desde el principio

"No." Eren said and looked at her. "But, we can find a way for you to glimpse into her past."

Historia's gasped a bit. "Huh?"

Eren looked ahead. "As Dr. Kruger said, the influence that the Founder's power bring about have no past or future. They all exist at the same time." He looked down. "So, may be, you can glimpse into her past." He looked at Historia. "Although, I was mad at you for siding with the traitors too easily that..."

Historia looked down in shame.

"...I guess I can understand you now." Eren said and looked ahead.

Historia looked at him in surprise.

"You just wanted to save your friend..." Eren said. "I don't know what you have been through for you to always put an act of a nice girl..." He looked at her and smiled. "I like this normal you better."

Historia just looked down.

Eren looked ahead. "Who could have thought we'd have to go against our own friends...?"
.

After a few moments of walking, they stopped beside Founder Ymir.

Eren kept starring at Founder Ymir, remembering something.
.
.
.

Dr. Eren was in Mrs. Mikasa's embrace as they were sitting beside Grisha and Kruger.

"I couldn't look any deeper into Founder Ymir's heart but, I know for certain she was in pain, wishing for freedom." Dr. Eren said. "She waited 2000 years for someone." He leaned back and sat up straight. "She continued to hope that someone could free her from the pain of her love..." He closed his eyes. "Finally, they arrived. That person was..." He opened his eyes and looked up at Mrs. Mikasa. "Mikasa..."
.
.
.

"Pain of her love..." Eren muttered.

"Eren?" Historia called out, standing beside Eren.

Slow, Eren reached out and put his hand on Founder Ymir's shoulder.
.
.
.

Clouds, illuminated by the evening sun, flew idly in the sky.
.

In an open area, at a small village, people went on with their lives, peacefully.
.

From a well, a 10 years old Ymir was collecting water for an elderly woman who was standing beside her grandson.
.

After she brought the bucket, full of water, up, she turned to the old lady and poured the water into her bucket, getting a thank you from her.
.

Just then, everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the distance as they heard the galloping noise of horses.
.

In the distance, carrying spears, the tribe of Eldia approached the village, with the motive to enslave the villagers.
.

Ymir looked at them with a surprised expression.
.
.

A few hours passed by.
.

Currently, the entire village was erupting into flames as the Eldian tribe burnt it.
.

Corpses of the elderly layed around while the Eldian tribe was escorting the remaining villages, whose hands and necks were tied up, in other armed Eldians' supervision.
.

The corpse of the elderly woman, whom Ymir helped before, layed there on the ground as Ymir passed by, a blank expression on her face.
.

In the distance, the Eldians were cutting the tounges of the villagers with their knives while the others watched in horror.
.

Ymir kept starring at the sight with a surprised expression for a moment before an Eldian pushed her ahead.
.

Flames continued to erupt from the burning houses while the smoke touched the clouds.
.