28. Defeated

AUTHOR'S POV:

"He seems to have been bit right out of the neck. Is Eren dead?" Levi asked.

"He's alive." Mikasa answered without a doubt.

"He must be alive, Captain." Petra said. "That titan bit off his Titan's entire nape and swallowed Eren"

"Our target seems highly intelligent and capturing Eren is apparently her primary goal." Mikasa said.

"That's right." Faye said. "If she wanted him dead, she could've crushed him in her jaws. Instead, she's carefully holding Eren inside her mouth while fighting to escape."

Levi glanced at them and sighed. "I hope you guys are right."

Petra looked away. "I am sorry, Captain. We failed at protecting Eren."

"It's not the time to feel sorry." Levi said, looking ahead. "Let's save Eren first. We'll focus all our manpower on one goal. First of all, forget about killing the Female Titan."

"But she killed so many of our comrades!" Petra said.

"So long as she can crystallize her skin, there's no way we can kill her." Levi said. "Trust my judgment. We'll keep hoping that Eren is still alive and attempt to rescue him before she leaves the forest. I'll hack her up..." He readied his blade and looked at Mikasa. "Draw her attention." He moved forward.

Faye furrowed her eyebrows and her eyes glowed as she flew towards the Female titan with Levi.
.

The Female Titan ignored them, continuing to run.
.

Mikasa and Petra had almost caught up to her, staying close to the ground.

Levi approached the female titan from above.

She was aware of him closing the distance between them.

Levi's eyes glinted with bloodlust. He switched his hold on his right sword, the blade pointing back instead of forward.

Suddenly, the female titan turned, right fist shooting forward.

Levi met her attack straight on, cutting up her arm.

With a flip, Levi landed on her arm and used the momentum to push off, reaching her face and digging his swords into her eyes.
.

Taking the opportunity, Faye flew between her legs and sliced off her ankles.
.

The Female titan slid, falling on her rump, hand still covering her nape.

Flipping back into the air, Levi took out fresh blades and spun down, slicing her down to her ankles.

He came at an arch, not giving her any time to recover and continuing the assault.

Blood burst up from behind her head.
.

'He's fast...' Mikasa observed him shoot up and fly straight down, attacking relentlessly. 'He moves so quickly that she can't get a chance to harden her skin!'

Levi and Faye continued to carve the female titan up.

Finally, the Female Titan's hand fell from its protective position. Her neck was completely exposed.

Mikasa gasped. 'We can go for her neck! She's tired...' She observed the female titan. 'I bet she can't move.' She gritted her teeth. 'I can kill her!'

A hook dug into the Female Titan's
shoulder.

Her eyes stayed closed.

"Mikasa stop!" Faye yelled and flew at her.