8. To You, In 2,000 Years

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The dreaming person saw as beautiful Campanula flowers moved beautifully with the flow of wind.

Then the beauty was replaced by blood, a Titan's teeth, a stone building with a windmill that became overrun by Titans, a red uniform, children's toys, a bee in a human eye, a close-up of a creepy Titan smile, a little girl at a barren land, an above view of an army of 50 metres skinless titans and a little girl at a barren land.
.
.
.

Two birds suddenly flew away from the lone tree on that hill at Wall Maria.
.

A 10 years old Eren (The original Eren of this universe) woke up with a gasp, confused.

Upon waking up, the first thing he saw was Mikasa (The original Mikasa of this universe), who had a small smile on her face while she was looking down at him, crouching down beside him.

"Mikasa?" Eren said in confusion, looking up at Mikasa.

"We should be heading back." Mikasa softly said.

Eren sat up straight. "What are we doing here?" He asked, confused.

Faye, who was sitting next him, playfully punched his shoulder, smiling a bit. "Oh. We were catching titans here so that my Mom could make titan stew." She giggled.

___________________________________________

Faye Kruger

(Picture Credit- @Chocopie)
___________________________________________

Mikasa covered her mouth with her palm and giggled.

"What?" Eren said in confusion, looking at Faye.

"Come on, Eren. You can't be possibly that deep asleep that you forgot what we're here to do." Faye said.

Eren looked down and held his head. "No... it just feels like... I was having a really long dream."

"Oh. What it was about?" Faye asked and smiled. "Was it about you going outside the Walls?"

"No, it wasn't about that..." Eren said and looked ahead and took his hand off his head. "What was it about again...?" He shook his head. "I can't remember it..." He slowly stood up.

"Oh ok." Faye said and stood up before grabbing her firewood.

Mikasa went to grab her firewood.

After hoisting up the stack of firewoods on her back, she turned to Eren and looked at him in surprise. "Eren, why are you crying?" She asked with concern.

"Huh?" Eren said and touched his tear stained face in confusion.

"So now it's confirmed that you indeed was dreaming about venturing outside of the Walls." Faye said, smiling.