4

The sound of the alarm grew louder and louder as I awakend from me sleep, I got up with a long stretch and slipped on my slippers, walked to my nephews room and knocked on the door.

"You can come in" he called, so I opened the door, he was already dressed. Packing his bag, I smiled at him as he got up and grinned at me.

"Ready so early" I spoke to the boy, he hummed. "Ill go get ready and well go to the cafe for some breakfast before school how does that sound?" I asked him, his eyes lit up with glee.

"Ill be waiting downstairs" he said as he rushed away, I smiled and sighed tiredly walking back to my room and getting ready.

After I was comfortable I walked downstairs grabbing the keys and calling for the young boy, he happily walked out the door as I locked it behind us.

"LAW!" The boy cheered... shit... I turned around seeing Law and Rosinante walking up the street, Rosinante waved happily as Law had his grumpy face on. He tutted as soon as he saw Philo.

"Hey where are you going?" Philo asked the young ravenette, to which he responded with a dissatisfied sigh. "To the park" Law grumbled out. "Oh cool, were going to the cafe for breakfast do you wanna join us?" Philo asked.

Rosinante smiled at the young ones interaction and then glanced at me offering a sweet smile, "morning" he spoke cheerfully, I waved with a tired smile. "Hey Rosinante morning" I replied trying to match his energy.

"Just call me Rosi, Rosinante can be a handful sometimes" he spoke slightly playfully. I smiled and nodded.

"So you're going to the cafe, mind if we join you?" He asked, law groaned. "We are going to the park" he said alittle irritated. Rosi sighed and I chuckled softly. "We can get our food to go and meet you at the park if you'd like" I said to the boy. "Id rather you not" he complained under his breath.

"Well go with you" Rosi said alittle stern this time, I sighed and smiled. "You really don't have to if you don't want to".

"No I want to, its him that needs to stop being so anti-social, come on Law it'll be fine" Rosi replied happily, Philo smiled at Law, and we began to walk.

"So Law what do you like?" Philo asked the boy, he stayed silent. "Uh do you have a favourite animal?"

"Polar bear" he quickly spat out, Philo nodded, "yeah polar bears are cool"

..

"So y/n how long have you lived here" Rosi asked, I slightly jumped at his sudden question, "oh uhm about 6 years. Though I moved into my house 5 years ago when I got custody of Philo, needed a bigger space for a kid, you know..." I replied shyly. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah I know, they can be really independant" he spoke deeply, I huffed happily. "Yeah".

"So is it just you and Philo or?" He asked, I looked at him, his eyes watching me. "Just me and Philo, has been for the past 5 years" I replied with a soft smile. "What about you?".

"Ah no, just me and Law. Though he really wants a dog so ill think about it" he replied with a gentle laugh. I smiled. "Oh I know about that, but a kid is enough for me right now. I'm still learning all this parent stuff so..." I replied with a slight frown.

"Arent we all... I only got custody of Law last year so its pretty new to me too" he replied alittle shy this time. I looked at him alittle surprised.

"Wow you're a really new parent, that's quite... cute..." I whispered the last part but he still heard me. This whole time Philo has been trying to make conversation with Law, when something peaked the ravenettes interest hed answer but if not hed just stay quiet.