𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

"I better not see you in tabloids" my brother announced sternly.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked confused about what he was talking about.

"I'm pretty sure you will get to meet some famous players during practice. I don't want you to be informed of your relationship by some paparazzis Liv.." he said making me giggle a bit.

"Luc..I'm going there to study and for work, not to look for a relationship. But if that ever happens, I'll tell you right away." I assured the boy.

[*]

Lucas packed my suitcases on the luggage cart, and additionally I took the tiny, leather backpack and put it on. I insisted on going inside alone, as I had said before.

„Liv, let me at least pass your luggage" Said the boy, trying to get past me with the cart. „I want to see you go through the gate."

„I'll manage to do it by myself," I repeated. „I've flown on my own before. I know what the briefing looks like." I stood on my tiptoes and threw my arms around his neck. „I'll call as soon as I get there, I promise."

„Call me every day." he whispered.

The lump in my throat grew bigger and bigger and a few tears escaped my eyelids. I hoped I wouldn't burst into tears, because I knew Lucas wouldn't and it was sad to cry like that alone, but I couldn't help it.

„Don't you dare forget about us." he warned, and I smiled at his words.

„How could I?" I replied and squeezed him once again. „Take care of the family. And Mel. She has a great talent for getting lost." I felt my eyes getting wetter and wetter. „Now you are the one in charge."

I didn't want to let him go, I hugged him harder. I still waited and hoped for some sign indicating that Lucas would miss me as I missed him. He laughed, and I had to let him go.

„Bye, Liv," he said and I wiped my eyes with the edge of my T-shirt. „I'll wait for you till you get in line."

He watched as I approached the check-in counter with the luggage cart. Now I was already crying, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. The boy embraced his bag with one hand and leaned against the wall.

When I had already patched up my luggage, I turned and looked at my brother through the glass door. He raised one hand and waved, and I did the same. I moved toward the gate, and he moved toward the door. I watched out of the corner of my eye as he walked away, thinking that maybe he would turn around again, as I did, but he didn't. He already gave the impression of being very distant. The straight-a-student, Livie, the most talented of the talented, is leaving. And even as if as a punishment, she can't make her dreams come true.

I thought that when it was time for me to leave, I would be as strong as my brother. No tears just a slight sad smile on my face. However, now I doubted it. I could never be like that, I was his terrible opposite, always trying to match him. I couldn't be that strong. But honestly speaking, who was?

I cried while waiting for the plane. I called my best friend, and she began to reproach me for being a bigger child than her three-year-old sister Manon. And then she extended her hand toward the screen, and I did the same, and she pretended to squeeze it. And at that moment I knew that she was sad too.

„Despite the fact that you are not one of the loud people, Liv, the house is already quiet. Somehow it's so empty." She didn't even try to hide the breaking of her voice. „Paris has lost you, Hernández. Swear to me that you will come back here. If only for me." And I nodded.