"He was our mission, Fury cancelled it not long ago. I can see now why."

Bucky grunted at the answer, he would rather not be there, but if Sam knew anything Steve didn't, they had to know.

Sam continued, "That was... Steve's brother?" he asked hesitantly, ignoring Pietro who seemed to choke on air at the question. Bucky's silence was an answer on it's own, making Sam sigh heavily as he realized how serious the whole situation really was.

"You got a file on him?"

"I got a lot more than just a file, Bucky. I got his journals. At least, I think they are his."

Pietro waved both of his hands, trying to catch their attention again. "Pardon me but Steve Rogers has a brother?! Why am I the last person to know? Wait, how old is the guy?"

Bucky merely glanced at him, ignoring the questions as he turned back to Sam.

"I need everything you got. We know things but there are big chunks missing that don't add up. Steve's too busy with him to really go through it all right now, I'll have a look." Pietro let out an unhappy sound from the back of his throat, slouching in the chair.

"How are you feeling Sam? do you need anything, Sam? How's your shoulder that nearly got bitten off, Sam?" Sam muttered bitterly, rolling his eyes at the glare that was sent his way. It was bone chilling but he would never admit that.

"Fine, fine. Last I heard Barton had them, he might have taken them to property room in SHIELD already. "

"And how did you meet Will again?" Bucky asked, circling back to the question he had already asked. Sam got slightly hesitant, it wasn't one of his proudest moments for sure. Pietro kept silent as his eyes danced between the two curiously, the air in the room had definitely gotten colder.

"Well, there was this one time in one of the HYDRA bases and after a funeral..."

"Whose funeral?"

"A vet by the name of Jonathan Lawford. Everything should be in the reports Barton was supposed to hand over."

There was a moment of tense silence between the two while Pietro was just trying to put the pieces together.

"You ambushed your target while they were attending a funeral?" Sam winced at the question, he knew it had been an awful plan but they had grown desperate.

The silence spoke volumes, Bucky turned to leave but stopped and stared down at Pietro who raised both of his hands.

"And you, you were never here, never heard anything. Keep your nose out of it."

And with that, the Winter Soldier left the room and Pietro felt as if he could breathe again, even Sam seemed to be a little more at ease now.

"Man, someone really needs a vacation. Do you think he would enjoy a trip to Hawaii? Or wouldn't it fit his chilly aesthetic?"

 Do you think he would enjoy a trip to Hawaii? Or wouldn't it fit his chilly aesthetic?"