27

His blond hair was a couple of shades darker as it fell over his closed eyes

His blond hair was a couple of shades darker as it fell over his closed eyes. It was by no means a good cut, nor was it clean and shiny. It added a lot to the rugged look, the grime, the fading bruises and the dark raccoon eyes he sported.

William was chained down on a chair, his body unmoving as an IV kept constantly dripping certain chemicals into his system to keep him in a weakened state.

All weapons had been removed from his body, there were twelve in total. An impressive amount. Though it wasn't just the weapons that terrified Steve.

It was William.

He hadn't looked away from the unconscious man for once, afraid that he would disappear into thin air.

He was trying to convince himself that this wasn't William, that this was simply a person who looked like him. Perhaps a distant relative of theirs, or maybe he was just a look-a-like, it wasn't uncommon to find people who looked familiar to each other.

Besides, when he last saw William, he was just a kid. This there was man, a strong fighter who had years of training behind him. A mutant, lab cooked like many others at this time and age. Like Steve himself.

Though he had to admit, there was a tiny scar above his left cheekbone that looked exactly like the one William had received after he had fallen faceflat against the gate when he was only seven years old.

And the birth mark on his neck.

Panic washed over him as he stood in the supervision room, watching the doctors take some blood samples as fast as they could before he woke up. Five guards were in the small glass prison with the doctors, something that Steve disapproved of.

If this man truly was his Will, it could only mean that some things had gone terribly wrong. And Steve would not rest until he knew everything.

He had nearly lost his mind when he had found Bucky, he had nearly drowned in guilt when he realized what had happened. But how could it have happened with William as well?

He was just a kid.

Steve grabbed his chest as he suddenly felt a pain course through, making him grunt in distress as he leaned against the back of a chair.

Bucky's hands immediately helped him sit. He hadn't even heard the former assassin come in. He had washed and had a change of clothes. Though his hair was slicked back, cold droplets kept running down the side of his neck, disappearing into the dark grey hoodie, he hadn't managed to wash away the dark circles underneath his eyes. He, too, had stayed awake for many nights, wondering what had happened to his best friends little brother.

Bucky felt nearly sick as he started slowly realizing what might have happened. He looked down at Steve, frowning as he noted the thin layer of sweat, irregular breathing and slightly off skin colour. He had never seen Steve like this, except the first time that William had stabbed him.