"Shut up, Inej." he snapped back and watched as she made her way toward Zaria, oh she can't wait to tell Nina about the way Kaz was looking at the girl.

Zaria looked towards him as soon as Inej appeared by her side whispering something kissing the girl's cheek, the black-haired girl kissed her back on the cheek and made her way towards the bastard of the barrel who tried not to stare at how comfy she looked.

"It's good to see you not dead, Isla." he managed to say after clearing his throat and breaking eye contact, Zaria rolled her eyes and leaned her back against the railing making sure to shoot him her prettiest smile.

"I would be in hell right now if it wasn't for you," she replied, shooting him a wink and wincing softly at her leg, Kaz could feel the heat rushing to the back of his neck and spreading to his ears.

"I'm still waiting for my thank you," he said staring at the sea ahead and doing everything to ignore how hot he suddenly became and stare at the way the cold breeze slapped her cheeks.

"What, thank you? As I said, you are the reason why I'm still here, isn't that enough? You think I forgot about you calling me a pain in the ass?" she frowned and crossed her arms in front of her chest like a child.

Her lips pouted, eyebrows frowned, and a glare, Kaz pushed aside the distinct way that his heartbeat quickened and the slight pull he felt at the corners of his lips by rolling his eyes.

"And I already said that I will give you a bit of my money." that made her grin as she nodded, "oh yeah, I forgot." shooting a toothy smile she turned her head to the side, doing everything she can to ignore her flaming cheeks after remembering the night.

"But seriously, thank you, handsome, for taking me and bringing me here, especially having difficulty walking without your cane, I really appreciate it. I hope your leg doesn't hurt." 

the last sentence was filled with worry, it made Kaz melt in his spot, eyes softening and turning to look at the girl, studying her carefully. her scar was deep pink keloid and it bulged out of her face, dark brown doe eyes staring at him like he was a saint, alluring black wavy hair with very loose curls, and soft pink lips that made anyone want to kiss them, the golden spectrum piercing sparkling every chance the light hit it.

She was absolutely beautiful, the cold breeze slapping her cheeks and making her hair fly freely, and her smile, saints, it brainwashed completely and it made him feel safe, made him feel like a child seeing their crush.

Zaria caught the way his eyes roamed her face making her cheeks turn rosy, almost feverishly traveling down to her neck, and she could see the way the corner of his mouth raised and his eyebrow too, satisfied to make her a flustered mess.

 "Your welcome, gorgeous." that made her pretty brown eyes widen and the warmth spread over her face and body, he cleared his throat to try and brush off the urge to grin widely, "and no, my leg doesn't hurt at all."

Lies. His leg hurts like a bitch and he is trying so hard to stay standing and not drop to the ground in pain, he can still remember the way the demons gripped him, scratched him with their claws until blood poured, and dragged him down the water to absolutely destroy his lungs.

Yet, he did everything to focus on the girl in his arms, how warm she felt, how her voice sounded like a lullaby, pulling him out of the water like a man lured by a princess or child following a fairy, or a butterfly, even a mermaid.

Her voice was like a cure, one drop, one word, one syllable and it sent the demon away with a screech that made him go deaf, made them vanish, and made his soul light up as the moon did to the whole world.