"Hahahaha. This is interesting. Only you guys came here to challenge me. What a nice joke." I say laughing. This laugh wasn't something that I faked but rather my true feelings.

"Huh? What are you saying? This is my chance. I will defeat you and put you under my control." He said dangling an orb of domination. Where did he get that from? Most probably from Yuuki.

"Lord Rimuru, we know nothing of this. You can ask Lady Hinata, she is an impartial party." The chairperson said. Looks like quite a few people are not even aware of what is going on.

"Who let these soldiers in?"
"Look. That emblem is of Ingrassia. Is Ingrassia instigating this?"
And so on. The only one who appeared calm was Hinata.

"Sir Reiner. What is the meaning of this?" Hinata said. Reiner? Was he someone popular?

"Soldiers aren't allowed to enter the council without permission." The chairman also spoke up.

"Hahaha. Worry not chairman. I called them here to discipline the law breaker over there." Gaban said pointing towards me. He was all smiles. I guess this is what happens when you stay in a safe and protected environment, you forget the true fears of the world.

The chairman's face went pale with fear. Now that one of the councillors had accepted to be behind this, he couldn't deny the involvement of the council with this.

"What is the meaning of this, Sir Gaban. We were not informed of this." Johann Rostia said so. If Yuuki hadn't told me about him, I am pretty sure I would have believed that he was not related to the Rossos. Mariabell is pretty cunning. Pitting two of her pawns against each other. Regardless of which side wins, she would have atleast gotten closer to me.

"Unforgivable."
"How dare you disrespect the council?"
"Are you prioritizing your desires so much that you have gone blind?" And so on.

"Calm down people. What my knight Reiner is saying is true. The demon lord has been kind enough to come visit us personally. How can we not use this opportunity?" A delicate young man said as he entered the council room.

"Prince Elrick, I think I advised you to not do any foolish behavior." Hinata said. So he is the prince of this nation.

"Hinata, I am disappointed in you. You have grown fearful of the demon lord and abandoned your post as the guardian of humanity." Elrick said. I could feel my blood reach my head.
"What?" Hinata said in a cold tone.

"So, Hinata. You might be the leader of the Paladins or what not but there is no way you can beat me, the head of Ingrassia' royal knights. You can't even beat that weakling of a demon lord. Let me guess. You used your womanly charm on him, just like with that cardinal."

Oh. He has done it now. I hate idiots like this the most. He doesn't even know what she went through and how strong he is yet he keeps barking like a dog. No, comparing him to dogs would be a disrespect to the dogs. I guess he is the worst scum you can find on the world.

"Are you going to let your knight say such things in the council, Prince Elrick?"
"Hee hee. If only you had cooperated with me, I would have given you better treatment. Now, let us get to the main part. Reiner, here is stronger than an A-ranked adventurers and he is not alone." As soon as he claps, few more guys enter the room.

"This is Gaiye, another A-rank adventurer and these are the mercenaries, Sons of Veldt. I assembled the most powerful team, nothing less to defeat a demon lord." Elrick said.

"Let me ask you this Prince Elrick, what you are doing is antagonizing not only me but the entire Church."

"Don't worry. I have no interest in antagonizing the Church. Just sit there and watch and I will guarantee your safety."
"That is not what I mean. I have been invited here as an impartial judge, the actions you are taking are not something I consent with."

"Shut up." Reiner said as there were voices of opposition from the councillors. "I will defeat that demon lord and make him my puppet."

"Prince Elrick, we agreed to act as your guards but any actions that you take which may be hazardous, our agreement is void." The leader of the Sons of Veldt said.

"Yes. Especially if it is against Demon Lord Rimuru. He has to be a madman to make that labyrinth." Another of the member spoke.

"Oh? Should I take that as a compliment? " I ask her.
"Eek. I am sorry. I am sorry."
"Geez. Calm down. I won't kill you or anything. That is if you don't stand against me."
"Hai." She said shivering.

"Hmph. You coward will do nothing but get in my way." Gaiye said. Looks like he is still on his high horse.

"Are you sure you can say that? Especially after you died with only one attack?" I ask him.
"Shut up. Now that none of your subordinates are here, I will easily defeat you."

"Calm down everyone." Elrick said. "Now is the time that you show me what your views are. Will you join me, the hero who will slay the demon lord or side with the demon lord and betray humanity?"
"Hahaha. So we are doing this democratically now? Hahaha. What a joke. Please tell me that you are not the crown prince, or else Ingrassia is doomed to fall. Hahaha." I say laughing. Hinata was staring at me but refrained from saying anything.

"Youu. Come on people. Now is the time to show your support. All those who support me, stand up."

Hmmm? Any plans Raphael? This way, we might lose.
<No worries Master. This is all within expectation.>
I thought I could see a cold and cruel smiling Raphael.
<It is just your imagination.>
I see.
<Here you go master.>

As soon as Raphael said that, a lot of ledger's came into my hand. I see. So he bribed them.

<Master will win without the need to show the evidence.>
Huh?

I look around and just barely a third of the members stand up. Really? You planned all of this Raphael? Is there anything you can't do?
<....>
I thought I saw her making a smug face. But oh well.

"The council has spoken. The majority is with me and the resolution has passed."
"Calm down you idiot and look around. Do you even know what a majority is? I guess I will have to ask the King of Ingrassia to reeducate you."
"Huh? What are you..."
"Haha." Hinata broke into a laugh. "Sorry, prince Elrick, it was just so comical to see."
"As an impartial observer. I declare that the vote was carried out in a fair and legal manner. I will make sure to consult whether you even had the right to this vote or not at a later date." Hinata said. I ha to say. Throughout this charade, her facial expressions haven't changed much. She is still that cold and reserved beauty as always.

Elrick looks around surprised. "What is the meaning of this? Have you all forsaken me?"
"That's right. Does this mean you don't care if we take away our nation's support?" Gaban said as well.

"One minute, Sir Gaban. What is the meaning of support?" The chairman asked.

"Anti-flooding constructions in Raibach, food  support in Carnada and so on. Should I say all of them?" I ask shaking the ledgers in my hand. Seeing this, some councillors got nervous and tried to sit, but I used my strings to make sure they can't.

"W-what?"
"How dou you know of our internal affairs?" Looks like they both are now out of tricks. I guess that idiot will not back down huh?

"Enough of this nonsense. I just have to defeat this weakling and we are correct." Reiner said. *sigh* looks like we will still have to fight. What a pain.

--------------------------

That is it. Like and follow. I hope you guys enjoyed.