Chapter Fourteen

"Stark. What do you want?"

His tone seemed harsh, but truthfully he was more confused by the call than annoyed.

"Straight to business as always, I see," Tony groaned on the other end, making Bucky roll his eyes. "Listen, I need to talk to you. Can you please come down for a minute?"

"I don't have any information to share with you if that's what you're wanting," Bucky countered, turning to look at Y/N who was scrubbing a few extra dishes in the sink.

"It's not about-," Tony pulled the phone away mumbling things before collecting himself for the phone call. "I want to apologize. I've been a shitty teammate and I want to hear your side of things."

Bucky was in a state of shock. His mouth was open but no words were coming out.

"I don't think I heard you right," he finally spoke up. "I heard the word apologize at some point, but I must have dropped the call or something cause it's not making any sense."

"Stop being so difficult and get your ass down to the garage before I change my mind," Tony grumbled before hanging up the phone.

Bucky was hesitant about the whole request, but it wouldn't hurt to see what he was getting at.

When he made it back to the sink, Y/N had finished the last dish and was closing the dishwasher.

"Everything ok?" she asked.

"Yeah, all good. Stark just wanted to talk about some of the security changes we're making," he played off. "Need help with anything else?"

"No, I think I got it all taken care of," she took a towel and dried her hands as she surveyed the counter for anything she may have missed.

When she saw she was clear, she looked back to him where he was staring and smiling at her. Once again she blushed, and he was kind enough to look away again and redirect the conversation. Even if he would rather continue to fluster her after learning how much he liked that look on her.

"Whenever you're ready for bed, just let me know and I'll help you get set up," he offered.

"Oh right," she nodded, looking at the clock on the oven. "I know it's getting a little late, but would you be up for one more movie tonight?"

He grinned at that and nodded. "I'd be ok with another movie. But can we do some other classics outside the '70s?"

"Fine by me," she smiled back and they began walking to the room.

While Bucky brought some pillows and blankets from her room to his, Y/N went and brushed her teeth and did her nightly routine.

As he was laying the last blanket at the foot of the bed, his phone vibrated showing a text from Stark.

Tony Stark: Are you coming down or are you going to keep avoiding me?

He rolled his eyes once again at his impatience and sent a quick response.

Bucky: I'll be down in a minute. I'm busy.

As suspected, Tony sent back a snarky remark and Bucky debated if the billionaire really wanted to make amends.

After he told her where he was headed for a short while, he made his way down to the garage as quickly as possible, not caring for the part of Y/N being unprotected.

"Stark," he shouted walking in with a purpose.

Tony turned, he was typing away on a computer that had no screen besides the thin air it manifested itself in. He shut it down after seeing the stalking soldier.