"I don't do dates. And you're way out of my league Mr. Sachdev. Trust me. I'll be forever shocked to believe that you ever considered having a meal with me. That's enough for me."

But he had been adamant as well, because he was not ready to give up on her that easily.

"But not for me. I want more. I want more of you. And you should know, I have a bad reputation of getting what I want."

Yes, he was not ready to give up on her easily but he did eventually. Life is unfair. It had always been that way to him. But what he never expected is for her to keep her end of the commitment.

"Is that so? Then I would surely like to see how you find me out and how you get to know me. I'll be waiting."

She kept her promise, she kept waiting.

"Trust me, I'll find you and we'll see each other again. I promise. The world is small Sudha."

But he didn't, he never tried to see her again. He never wanted to drag her into his dangerous, rootless, unimportant life.

Right now as he stands there with his hands tucked inside his pocket, trying best not to breakdown infront of so many people, he feels guilty. Guilty for giving up on his love so easily. So the more she comes near him the more he feels like running out of this auditorium, does he even deserve her?

But she keeps walking and eventually stops right infront of him and smoothly cups his face like a mother does to a toddler.

"Happy Birthday love." She utters and that's the final straw. He hangs his head looking at the floor as the tears stream down his face freely.
She slowly wraps her arms around his shoulders pulling his head to the crook of her neck and he immediately brings his hands out of his pocket coiling them around her waist and pulling her against his body. They stay like for a few minutes till she pulls her head and looks at him.

She sees how he is unable to look at her, his grey eyes look at every where except her. She slowly runs her thumb over the scar on his face.

"If you don't like it here we can always go out and have that meal you never took me to. Because I decided to start off from where we've left it." She says pecking him on his forehead.

"Why do you still remember that day? And why do you look so happy about it, even after I failed to keep my promise?" He asks through his broken voice.

"Who said you failed? You promised to find me, you did. You believed that we'll see each other again, here we are, entangle within each other's arms, hearts tied, souls tied. You've kept your promise all well sir, but the fact that it took you so long to find me out, deserves a punishment. So how about you take me to that date today only? The date that I rejected?" She asks, smiling at him. His face lights up and the concern gets replaced by the signature mischievous smile.

"You did hurt my ego first, you deserve a punishment as well." He says pulling her tightly against his chest and placing his forehead on hers.

"Whatever the birthday boy wishes." Vasudha answers.

A loud sound of clearing someone's throat from behind brings them out of their moment, as they get to understand that they were actually displaying their affection for each other infront of a hall full of people and immediately Vasudha's face heats up.

"So, if we are done showing love towards each other, can we please go for the cake cutting. The cake looks amazing and I want to eat it, as soon as possible." Nihal adds from behind as Ojas stifles a laugh.