Chapter : 35

Priorities

"Postpone the meetings to day after tomorrow." Danuj's deep voice orders.

"But you'll be reaching today only D'. Where is the need of postponing it?" Maya asks skeptically.

"I didn't know that's any of your business, Maya. Do as much as you're told." He says silencing Maya. "Is Nihal around?" He asks once again.

"Yes. Nihal, he wants to talk to you." Maya says. Danuj hears Nihal's voice in background, "And it undoubtedly seems to be a rough start for you sissy." Maya says nothing but Danuj knows she must be glaring at her brother now.

"Dan?" Nihal asks.

"Go to my floor and prepare the room next to mine. She's coming with me." He says, filling the glass with milk and placing the same on the tray.

"What?! But how? Maya Booked only one ticket, you know that na?" Nihal asks.

"Yes. That's why I cancelled it. I am taking the road." He says, a little hesitantly, which leads to the formation of a smirk on Nihal's face.

"Wow! Seems like your priorities are changing man. They are changing." He says grinning wide.

"Are you done? She just doesn't want to stay here alone. I had no other options."  Danuj explains.

"And from when did you start bothering about what people want?" Nihal asks. "Kidding.. just kidding bro." He adds as if immediately. "Totally bring her man. Even I miss her." He says smiling genuinely.

"Stop with that. Just keep the room ready." He disconnects the call.

¤¤¤¤¤

The small kitchen is filled with delicious smells. Pulao and chicken curry. Abhay's favorite.

They are together. She, her father and her brother. The usual lunch time chitchat is making her heart warm. How she missed this.

"How about this man? He is fat, short, bald and also old, aah! A match made in heaven. What say baba?" Abhay asks at his habitual intervals while eating. Digbijoy smiles at him.

"Will you guys stop. Why are you so fixed at getting me married dada? And that too with this guy?" Vasudha asks.

"Because we want to see you settle down, have a family and some fifty kids." Abhay pokes his tongue out.

"Give that thali back to me. You're not eating anything anymore. You asshole." She shouts.

"What? Did I say something wrong? Nowadays you give me second thoughts.  You sure you aren't gay? Because if you're, that's totally fine with me and baba." Abhay winks.

"For your kind information I am totally straight and I feel for men. Have you forgotten how I drooled over that guy, your friend? The crush lasted for three years." She says as Digbijoy and Abhay laughs at her words.

"You actually tried to explain that you're straight? There is something seriously wrong with you Sudha." Abhay cackled.

"Give me more rice will you?" He adds.

Vasudha tries to reach the bowl but somehow fails to stand up.

"Why aren't you giving me some rice?" He asks once again and keeps asking the same question again and again unless it changes to a totally different question.

"Why aren't you searching for me Sudha?" And as if immediately her eyes tear up. She tries to answer but nothing comes out of her mouth. She strives to touch him for once but fails every time.