Chapter : 29

Come To Me.

"I said clothes and only clothes, Nihal. What the hell are these things?" Danuj points at the sheet on the table that contains necessary things for Vasudha. Nihal stifles a laugh as he sees him raising the page and reading it out loud.

"String led lights?
Star curtain lights?
Blue Orchids and Lilies?
Flower vases?
A diary?
A portable speaker?.. Can anyone explain what is going on in my house?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"I told her she can enlist anything and everything she wishes for. She said she thinks the room is a little "gloomy", as she termed it, so I allowed her to enlist whatever she might need for her room. Come on Dan, it's not that much of a huge deal." Nihal answers hardly controlling the laugh that's threatening to come out.

"This is not happening and also that's not her but my room. I don't approve of these weird equipments." He responds as coldly as possible.

"In that case, we are sorry. As in me and Ojas. The things are already here. You see, Ojas brought everything in the morning. She might have already decorated her room with these beautiful things. I think I would like to see how she is doing. Wanna have a look?" Nihal adds.

"Ofcourse, I'll see and throw them back to where they belong." He responds while flaring his nose in anger.

"And where that might be?" Nihal asks suspiciously.

"In the trash can!" He stands up from his study table abruptly, with a determined look.

¤¤¤¤¤

"I can't thank you enough Ojas. I can't believe he agreed to this." Vasudha happily says, bringing the lights out of the bag and placing them on the bed.

"To be honest with you ma'am, he didn't. We just went a little out of rules." Ojas says scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh my God! You didn't need to take this risk for me. He'll be super pissed on both of you. Shit!" She responds sitting right beside Ojas.

"That'll be managed by Nihal sir. You don't worry." Ojas assures.

"You sure?" She asks hesitantly.

"Yes ma'am. Trust me." Ojas says.

"Fine. Now when will you stop calling me ma'am. This bothers me. I am no ma'am to you. You are like a friend to me Ojas. Please call me with my name." She says standing up and moving towards the flowers.

"Ma'am I apologize if I'm hurting you, but I can't do that. You are my ma'am, you own it or not. I feel grateful that you consider me anywhere close to your friends. That's enough for me." He answers keeping his head bowed down.

"What? I really don't understand you. Raise your head. A brave man like you should always keep his head high. Now come and help me." She says and Ojas immediately gets into form.

¤¤¤¤¤

He can't believe his own people are doing things in his back. They have never disobeyed him. And Ojas, as far as he knows, if need be, won't think for even a millisecond before sacrificing his life for his safety. What is this girl doing to everyone? Buying flowers and lights?!

The closer he gets to her room the more he gets to hear the muffled laughter and whispers. It's Ojas.

"What is he doing in her room?"

That's the first thought that occurs to him. And as if on instinct he pushes her door open only to be greeted by the scattered lights, some vases filled with colorful flowers and a smiling Vasudha.  The moment her eyes fall on him her smile fades. She worriedly looks at Ojas, as if she is worried about him regarding something.