Chapter 1: A Step into my Life

Start from the beginning

I was sure I had elaborated on the Friend-Making-Process a thousand times. The thought led me to thousands of other topics so far from the first.

What about the rest of it? People managed to complete the Friend Making Process so many times that they were practically rolling in the riches of friendships. And, somehow, having a lot of friends made one person better than another, which made no sense either.

So, yes, there were lots of different things that I didn't understand regarding sociality.

No, I didn't see a point in joining a clique—one of which I would've probably been kicked out of. From what I'd observed, it wasn't worth the time. There were hierarchies in cliques that were too difficult to follow.

It was like a food chain—some people were at the top of the food chain, like predators. Others were more like secondary consumers, and they were sorta 'in' with the predators. The primary consumers didn't get much, just bits of attention.

There were the two or three people that led the group and decided what they did. There were the ones that were close to those 3 people, and then the ones that didn't matter at all. And they all step on other people to feel superior.

For some reason, people like feeling superior. It's just a fact of life. Being on top gets you anywhere you want to go in life. But there are thousands of different ways to feel superior, and you don't have to step on people to do it.

People who step on other people have nothing legitimately accomplished, normally. All they have is a social status that allows them to squash whomever they please with unnecessary insults and ridicule.

Sure, some popular people in our world today are smart and care about school, and their friends. But there are always those who set the stereotype in the world as well, and those kinds of people were oddly prevalent.

Popular people that don't care about work or school or people have accomplished nothing in life. They've just made themselves a society for high school that will eventually crumble in a matter of 4 years. And then life will take its turn and punch them in the face.

People who are so widely known around school have a god complex about them. Not only are they flawless, but they have bubbly personalities, perfect hair, faces, and somehow make friends with the same qualities.

Popular people never got zits. They were never pudgy or chubby, no matter what they ate. But those people didn't seem like they were real. Flaws made and still continue to make us human, and, if you don't have flaws, then you're probably not human—or you're God or something.

A popular crowd could get away with anything. No rules existed for cool kids. They got the ideal path that any teenager would kill for. But that path leads you nowhere. It just threw any potential career or degree that could've been waiting for them.

In other words, the delinquents that get away with everything with no consequence will be working at McDonalds until they're 80 years old, making minimum wage with no hope of retiring.

Sure enough, the rebellious lifestyle that certain teenagers and young adults adopt will catch up with them.

Because, believe it or not, no one is forever 21. Life goes on. You age literally every second you are alive.

That all being said, most of what I'd seen since my arrival for the first day of my sophomore year of high school had led me to one simple conclusion: No one needs or deserves any of the drama that high school inflicts on them.

There would be absolutely no problems with going to school—there'd be no drama at all—if we just set aside our regard and judgment for people's appearance, money, talent, etc.