I don't want to die

Start from the beginning

Pulling a tea towel from one of the counters I wrapped it around my foot tying it up the best I could to apply some pressure.

Only now the pain in my foot coming into realisation as I tried to get back on my feet and survey this prison I was now in, the kitchen had a few other fridges and some cooking surfaces, there was an open archway which led to an office, something I had missed before.

I hobbled over the tiled surface towards the office, the cold tiles were replaced by warm carpet, a desk sat in the corner along with a filing cabinet and office chair, sat on the desk was a computer with a picture of a child in a frame, the name 'Maddie' engraved over the top, I sat in the office chair my head in my paws, 'what the fuck do I do' I questioned myself

I opened the laptop on the desk, the screen lighting up the room, the familiar windows login screen asking for a password, there was no way I was going to guess this, I hit enter just in case it was blank, but got the "password incorrect" prompt

Looking again at the picture of the young girl staring at me I tired differing versions of Maddie, sometimes followed by the year I thought she was born, or the year and month, it wasn't long before my incorrect attempts now locked me out of the laptop.

Sighing I shut the lid again making the room dark once more, the banging on the doors faded away after a few minutes, the sirens and sounds outside must have been more interesting to the zombies, or maybe they were just waiting on the other side I wasn't too sure.

I sniffed the air, I could smell them, it was like the smell of rotting meat, they were just behind the barricade I had made, my instincts told me they were waiting, they were listening for me just as I were listening for them.

How the fuck had this happened, zombies... I mean it happened so quick, was it just here?, my mind jolted a thousand thoughts at once.

'the army will sort it'

I felt a little better at that thought, the sound of gunfire still raining outside, this will all just blow over right? I've just got to wait it out.

I thought back to Tim wondering if he was still in the crowd, I had no way of contacting him, i had lost my phone, and while I sat idly looking at the phone on the desk, I didn't know anyone's phone number, it took me years to memorise my own!

I picked up the receiver and dialled 112, it was engaged... the police engaged, my heart wrenched at the fact help might not be coming tonight, but after seeing those others die in the street, I was lucky.

I padded my way back into the kitchen, my foot throbbed and felt hot, but the towel remained white, at least it had stopped the bleeding, the sirens continued to wail outside, the gunshots now more intense than they had been moments before, and the screams, not from people but from those... things, those zombies, I could hear them running past and calling out

There wasn't a single window in the kitchen, the outside world was isolated, with only the noise of chaos coming from outside I wasn't sure what I could do, this wasn't the best place to be though, the kitchen door propped closed with some loose but heavy objects, and the whole front of the shop completely exposed.

I decided I wasn't going to stay here, anywhere would be better than here, preferable behind a locked door, I could only put weight on part of my foot, limping towards the fire escape I peered out for a second time hoping the alley was now clear, but all I could see were more of the zombies, some human, some furs.

The ones with fur ran quicker than the others, more aware of their surroundings, sniffing the air while the humans seemed to follow them around, a wolf peered over towards me, his fangs snarling as he howled out a deathly noise, part howl part scream.