Cassie watched him for a moment as he ran his hands through his hair and down his face. Then quietly she reached up to smooth out some of the wild strands making him turn towards her. She smiled at him and then said quietly, "I don't want to stress you out more than you already are. I'm sorry for being so abrupt that night. I'm not sure why I even came to that conclusion because it shouldn't make a difference to me what happened then and what is happening now."

He reached up and took her hand squeezing it gently. Then gently he rested it against his cheek, pressing his lips gently against her wrist. "I'm sorry for giving you the cold shoulder, Cas." She gently ran her thumb against his skin, but he closed his eyes and then gently took her hand away. "I will tell you eventually, I promise. I just need time to open up that chapter of my life again."

"I'm not trying to push it," she said softly her forehead knitted.

"I know, but I owe you an explanation, Cassie. I really do."

This wasn't what she was expecting when she had imagined herself apologizing to him. Nonetheless, she smiled at him and leaned against him gently. It felt good to her that he was so close again, his arms wrapping around her waist. She stayed like this for a little while listening to him breathe and hearing his heartbeat against her. After a bit, she pulled away and began to get up. "Coming to bed?"

Ash sighed and frowned. "I don't think so. At least not for a while. I have to work out this plan, so I'll see you in the morning."

Cassie nodded and leaned in for a kiss before she made her way to their room.

~~

In the morning, Cassie woke up at the sound of the alarm. She reached over and turned it off but noticed quickly that Ash wasn't there. She knew he had been good about sneaking into bed without waking her, but this absence concerned her. She quickly slipped into her clothes and made her way down into the atrium.

A couple of guys were up already, but the majority were probably still asleep. There was, however, no sign of Ash down here and she frowned. Quietly she made her way down the hallway to the training room and peeked in. Sure enough, there sat her boyfriend, marker in hand with two holographic boards in front of him, all scribbled on with various diagrams and notes. She frowned, but before she bothered him, she went back to the atrium and grabbed some coffee, a small, doughy breakfast food and fruit.

She entered the training room, and he was still sitting there pushing the marker's end up against his lips, his arms crossed. Luckily, he had pulled a small table next to him to set some of the other pens and a glass of water down, so she slowly set the tray down on it, finally causing him to look at her.

"Hey," he said softly, his voice groggy.

"Hey," she replied handing him the mug of coffee.

"Thanks, and sorry again." She watched him take a sip, noticing the bags that had formed under his eyes and the stubble that had crept along his jawline. When he put the mug down Cassie gently wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she stood behind him.

"You're welcome," she said. "Can I get you anything else?"

"Nah, this will be good for now."

She kissed his temple and he just leaned into her embrace for a moment before pulling away and opening the marker to write something. She watched him for a moment before leaving quietly and making her way back to the atrium.

More of the guys were there now and she quickly made her way over to one of the smaller tables where Matt and Dean both happened to be sitting. When she began to sit down, they both nodded to her.